Honored Contributor

Re: No returns on Blowout Clearance items!

@DiAnne wrote:

Many retailers do this at the end of season.  Items that have not sold on their regular sales they take a large markdown on the final sale/no returns.  Usually limited sizes.

@DiAnne   But at most of those retailers, you can try on the clothes in stores.  A mail-order place or electronic retailer like Q should never have "no returns" on clothing or shoes.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@kitcat51- I'm confused by your reply above about returns.  I thought you were speaking about your general way of returning an item you deemed defective.

Are you saying though, that you have ordered a "Blowout" item which needs to be returned and have called about that specific order?

From what I'm reading, you have to call for prior authorization on every individual Blowout item, if you want to return it for defect or error.  You can't just get a blanket authorization for any and everything.

1. I buy all my clothes online so it had to a banklet statement. 2. I wrote in that post I wasn't concerned about returning the T's since I can wear 3 different sizes in that line. 3. I called Q to make sure I understood the Blowout return policy & I do so I'm not concerned. 4. I'm looking forward to getting the T's...I like the line, I saved money & if there is a problem I'll follow the No Return policy for Blowout purchases. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51- Thanks!  Got it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

Many retailers do this at the end of season.  Items that have not sold on their regular sales they take a large markdown on the final sale/no returns.  Usually limited sizes.

@DiAnne   But at most of those retailers, you can try on the clothes in stores.  A mail-order place or electronic retailer like Q should never have "no returns" on clothing or shoes.

i personally have no issues with the no returns, especially if i am picking up something i already own in a second or third color or design. i still have the return option if it is defective.

overall i think QVC has VERY generous return policies, especially during the holidays.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@hummermom and Sunshine45

So much for return within 30 days no questions asked. I doubt if the hosts will be telling people except for blowout items
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee. That depends on whether your definition of defective meets the Q’s definition of defective
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@Pearlee. That depends on whether your definition of defective meets the Q’s definition of defective

@Teddixat   Are you sure you mean to direct this to me?   Please quote the post of mine you are referencing.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Teddixat 

i have personally never found qvc to be "unfair" in considering something defective.....whether i have needed to return it or needed to get a discount on the item if i decided to keep it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Mmmm ,  I thought  the QVC Outlet stores received all the return merchandise .  Years ago , I went to the one in  Wilmington ,  Delaware  a few times . It was like going through a junk closest  but once in a while you found something with absolutely nothing wrong with it . I bought some nice Egyptian cotton  bed  linens and  some Royal Palace rugs. Howver you could find some old outdated  clothes . Maybe their Outlet stores are jammed up .

Count me out in buying something  that I have not tried on or inspected  and then unable to return it something is wrong with it . Guess they need to sell it on  eBay or on Posh Mark .

Thanks  to the  person who posted this alert  .

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

That is true but I only shop online and never go to the stores (except for returns)  but I doubt every chain store would have all the items for a "blowout sale".