Esteemed Contributor

Re: No returns on Blowout Clearance items!

I did look at some of the fashions they have on their Blowout nonrefundable  sale . Well, you couldn't even give most of it away as it looks like you're being wrapped in a  cloth bag . I can't say who buys some of these big boxy yards and yards  of loose fabric.  Take for example ,   Lisa R's  fashions aren't for me they all appear to just hang off  the models. t.he Logo stuff is another crazy mix of  clothes hanging off people . Joan R's  stuff  has  sewing imperfections   and weird looking  for my taste .  I can go on with numerous lines   on QVC  . Who are their fashion buyers ?    My daughter is a  size 1X lady and I encourage her to wear clothes that try to provide her a waist or some type of  a line  style that  helps .  All this draping  fabric  benefits  no one that I can see.   QVC  might please us all more  if they brought on Colwater creek, Boden, Talbots   brands that have some quality and fashionable  style  to their clothes .

Honored Contributor

@hummermom wrote:

Here's a new policy on some fashion Blowout Clearance items: No returns or exchanges!  I was shocked to see these items on the QVC home page.

I'm not interested. What do you guys think?

@hummermom 

I’m not interested either. Based on the number of new items I have had to send back to QVC because of defects, it would not be in my best interest to risk it.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:
@Pearlee. That depends on whether your definition of defective meets the Q’s definition of defective

@Teddixat 

i have personally never found qvc to be "unfair" in considering something defective.....whether i have needed to return it or needed to get a discount on the item if i decided to keep it.

@sunshine45, I think QVC is more than fair as well.  In fact, I think they are too fair.  Some of the reasons someone thinks something is defective and they deserve all their s/h refunded and return s/h credited wouldn't meet my definition of defective.   

Honored Contributor

@hummermom 

I purchased some AnyBody items! 

One pretty much has to agree to the “terms” but also know their size range.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Mmmm ,  I thought  the QVC Outlet stores received all the return merchandise .  Years ago , I went to the one in  Wilmington ,  Delaware  a few times . It was like going through a junk closest  but once in a while you found something with absolutely nothing wrong with it . I bought some nice Egyptian cotton  bed  linens and  some Royal Palace rugs. Howver you could find some old outdated  clothes . Maybe their Outlet stores are jammed up .

Count me out in buying something  that I have not tried on or inspected  and then unable to return it something is wrong with it . Guess they need to sell it on  eBay or on Posh Mark .

Thanks  to the  person who posted this alert  .

I think the problem is they have closed down there outlet stores, so no place else to sell the old no body wants stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think so. Not unless it was an item that I had purchased in the past and I knew would fit. 

Respected Contributor

I went and checked out the offerings and WOW my fave TALL Isaac jeans (A297723) are on blowout for $14.99 !!!!! Tall ladies these are the BEST tall jeans I have ever found and Q does NOT offer that many talls. I went down a size in these and they fit great....even DH said "nice jeans".-

Trusted Contributor

I just received a pair of Isaac's velvet jeans, A298798, that I ordered from the blowout clearance collection. They are first quality, and they fit like a dream. The only color left in my size was the burgundy, but if they had the other colors I would have ordered them as well. They were originally $61.00 but now are $19.99. You can't beat that! It seems like all the items in that category are leftover, broken sizes and colors, not necessarily defective or returned merchandise. These are probably the items that the hosts say cannot be reordered and they don't have enough in stock for a presentation. There are some good buys in this group. So many people complain that QVC never has real clearance prices, well, here they are! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

Forgot to say, I think A LOT of these items will be defective, based on how many defective items are sent out when there is just a minor price reduction.

@faeriemoon defective items are returnable. There are  few expections to 'no returns'- the prices are terrific so I carefully (read/analyzed  the reviews, watched many videos [here and youtube], etc) selected  a few items.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@faeriemoon .........If I am interested enough in an item I would call customer service and ask them the policy on defective items (in the blowout clearence) before I order.

I think it is about time they had "blowout" sales.

@Imaoldhippie  the return policy for defective 'blowout clearance' items is listed on the website.