Honored Contributor

Re: No real bargans that I see

@Effie54 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I sort of think we might be seeing higher clothing prices soon. I read something on Forbes that sort of  said this is going to happen

If that happens, sales will be down. At some point the "convenience" becomes cost prohibitive. 

@Effie54   

I have it on good authority that as long as women have a dime to spare, they will spend it on clothing, cosmetics and their hair.  The number of items sold may be down but with price increase, the consumer will be spending the same amount:  what they wish to spend at the point of purchase.  Women are going to buy clothes they want for themselves and what their children need.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I just got 2 blouses, prior to Christma,s from Q. One was Dennis Basso and one Joan Rivers , they were both 1/2 off

I got Cashmere sweaters at about 75% off from Isaac Mizrahi. You have to hunt for them. You won't find them on air. Look online

Are you checking lunchtime specials and primetime specials?

I, like @cherry , have gotten some GREAT deals.  Logo, Basso, IM, SG all at 1/2 off or more.  Even w/ shipping, I have gotten some tops at under $15 bucks.

That's Wally pricing in my area.

Respected Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

They think $5 off is a sale. Maybe you see $10 but no 50 percent off. I am not buying anything. 

I have to say ... I just had a taped clearance D&Co show from last week on in the background while I was getting ready, and there were many items with much more than $5-$10 off (more like 30% to 50% off). Perhaps not "dirt cheap," but not just markdowns of a few dollars.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The convenience of shopping from your sofa doesn't come cheap.  If you want bargains you need to get out and shop in dtores.

a lot of websites have like 20 percent off everything, and similar.  Not QVC.