Contributor

I love Dennis Basso faux furs and I have been waiting for a new collection of coats but nothing.  Is he leaving QVC?

Honored Contributor

Re: No new Dennis Basso Coats??

I need another coat like I need a hole in the head, but I certainly hope not.  I just bought another pair of Bearpaws I really didn't NEED either.  

Honored Contributor

@mizrich 

Before I retired in 2010 - I bought a new DB coat every winter.  Since retirement, I bought a couple more.  Love  his coats! 

Some I donated, some I shared with my mother and sister.

I still have a closet full of them, and some faux furs I bought elsewhere. 

(One time when I was on jury duty - I stopped at a store near the courthouse one afternoon after we were dismissed and "treated" myself to a beautiful faux linx - for being a good juror!  When I was trying it on in the store - other shoppers were raving about it.)

I'm easily tempted .... 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I was just in my coat/jacket closet and aaw my DB reversible coat of yore. Faux suede one side and all faux fur on the other, big pockets that you can really use on both sides too, don't forget the hood! This coat was an infamous one by Dennis, everybody had one or two. I bought this in an ivory (my orig is light saddle tan) turned out a little too big for me so I gave it to my sister. She was so excited to get this one. It is a good very classic by Dennis Basso.

Honored Contributor

I hope not! Last year I bought a beautiful coat from Dennis, I love it and receive many compliments, it is a gorgeous shade of Blue.. He has very beautiful coats, and hopefully we will see more of him after the New Year! 

Respected Contributor

I think that the Chinese tariffs are preventing a tremendous amount of manufacturing and export to the U.S. right now.

Hopefully, this will improve in 2021.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD 

I also have one of his real suede with the fur lining.  Mine isn't reversible.  

My favorite of all is the patchwork he did back about 2007 or so.  Everytime I wear it, someone stops and comments on how fabulous it is.  It's knee-length.   It was only on air one time and sold out almost immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

I truly need a coat intervention! I donated a Pamela McCoy jacket this week and today I bought a new Calvin Klein parka on clearance at Marshall's. The price and the coat were both too good to pass up. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

About a dozen years ago I was seated at a school concert with my faux fox for coat across my lap. Another mom sat down next to me. She saw my coat and gave me the very obvious stink eye.-thought it was the real thing. After a short time she got up and changed seats, LOL! Now that was a good faux fur. I think that's the only one I ever bought from HSN. I seem to recall Callie Northridge going nuts for it.

I look forward to more DB coats, fur and others, in the future.

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I truly need a coat intervention! I donated a Pamela McCoy jacket this week and today I bought a new Calvin Klein parka on clearance at Marshall's. The price and the coat were both too good to pass up. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

About a dozen years ago I was seated at a school concert with my faux fox for coat across my lap. Another mom sat down next to me. She saw my coat and gave me the very obvious stink eye.-thought it was the real thing. After a short time she got up and changed seats, LOL! Now that was a good faux fur. I think that's the only one I ever bought from HSN. I seem to recall Callie Northridge going nuts for it.

LOL....was this coat from Terri (can't remember her last name) former Host at HSN line of clothing??  

I have purchased 4 coats this yr so far....could be forgetting about 1 or 2!  2 of them are DB line...not fur...one is a pink puffer coat with flowers and birds on it.  So pretty on clearance.  Another is for milder weather....50's....rose color and so well made also on clearance.

I did see DB had a black friday new coat...it sure looks nice...says you can reverse it and wear the fur side on the outside.  But it was still way to pricey for me at 161.00....now it's 190.00is.  I will wait to see if it goes on clearance.  Want the black and the chocolate perhaps LOL!

Valued Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

LOL....was this coat from Terri (can't remember her last name) former Host at HSN line of clothing??  

I have purchased 4 coats this yr so far....could be forgetting about 1 or 2!  2 of them are DB line...not fur...one is a pink puffer coat with flowers and birds on it.  So pretty on clearance.  Another is for milder weather....50's....rose color and so well made also on clearance.

I did see DB had a black friday new coat...it sure looks nice...says you can reverse it and wear the fur side on the outside.  But it was still way to pricey for me at 161.00....now it's 190.00is.  I will wait to see if it goes on clearance.  Want the black and the chocolate perhaps LOL!

Would that be Terry Lewis??? Still have her coats! Woman Happy