Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize they were closing down.  Guess they will be gone before September.

Respected Contributor

Woman Sad that's the one brand that fit me perfectly.

Valued Contributor

OH NO !  LOVE THAT BRAND - QUALITY AND ALWAYS FIT.

Honored Contributor

That's too bad. I like their clothes very much.

Super Contributor

That is the one brand where their plus sizes are NOT true to size.

Esteemed Contributor

The Jones New York brand is another casualty of retail ownership sale.  If I understand correctly, the new owners are not only closing the Jone's New York outlet stores, but the they are dicontinuing manufacturing the brand for sale to department stores, so you won't be able to get it at all.  According to the retail grapevine the problem for brands like Jones is in recent years stores are steering toward focusing on their house brands.  The TV retailers (QVC, HSN, Evin) were ahead of the curve in that regard of creating their own brands.  

Trusted Contributor

We live in a different world now.  FAO closed this week.  The original Liz Claiborne, Jones of NY were great brands.  Even stores that remain open are not as they used to be with new ownership. Here in California Bullock's and J W Robinson's  were wonderful stores-gobbled up by the Macy's conglomerate and original Macy's is different also-and the class is no longer there.

In 5 years the landscape will have changed even more.  Many companies are just hanging on and probably will lose the battle.   

I miss "the good old days".

Sorry for my lamentation.

Esteemed Contributor

The brand won't exist.  No one will carry it anymore.  I liked some of their clothing, too bad.

Super Contributor
ebay is loaded with new and preowned jones.
Honored Contributor

@kjae wrote:

We live in a different world now.  FAO closed this week.  The original Liz Claiborne, Jones of NY were great brands.  Even stores that remain open are not as they used to be with new ownership. Here in California Bullock's and J W Robinson's  were wonderful stores-gobbled up by the Macy's conglomerate and original Macy's is different also-and the class is no longer there.

In 5 years the landscape will have changed even more.  Many companies are just hanging on and probably will lose the battle.   

I miss "the good old days".

Sorry for my lamentation.

It was upsetting to see on the news this morning about the FAO Schwartz closing.  It will always remind me of the movie "Big" . . . and Macy's also gobbled up a great chain of stores here (Marshall Field's) and things have never been the same.  I too miss the good old days . . .