Honored Contributor

I love most of the fall fashions being posted! Unfortunately, my sensitive skin doesn’t allow me to wear wool or cashmere. I can’t wear ramie either. So many nice things for fall/winter are made from fibers that I can’t wear. 😥

Respected Contributor

Re: No cashmere & wool for me

Same here.  Wool itches me terribly.  Cashmere also bothers me after wearing it for many hours.  I have tried to wear a tee shirt under these sweaters but I still itch where the tee shirt doesn't cover.

Acrylic is also itchy to wear.  

Respected Contributor

Any wool is a no go for me too. I do have a cute lined pink wool hat I bought while visiting one of the Aran Islands. Love that pretty hat. I can wear it only because the wool doesn't touch my skin. 

Respected Contributor

Same here, I get itchy just thinking about wool! 

Trusted Contributor

Sorry for those who can't wear wool or cashmere. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I can wear both.

Esteemed Contributor

Awwww. I feel badly for you😥. Cashmere is my favorite fiber for winter sweaters.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I have never had trouble with merino wool itching, or cashmere.  

They are both so incredibly soft and are even used for babies’ blankets and clothes.

The only times they did itch, I checked the label and discovered that they were mixed with regular wool or the cashmere was not good quality. 

Trusted Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Awwww. I feel badly for you😥. Cashmere is my favorite fiber for winter sweaters.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Mine too!!!

Honored Contributor

I can't wear cheap wool or cashmere  or those gibers that are mixed with other materials.  They  make me itch and sometimes the fabric sheds and pills.

I have some fine wool and cashmere investment pieces...even cashmere socks and they are soft and smooth and no itching at all.

What I don't like about wool is that occasionally I have had something in my closet that enjoyed my clothing for lunch.  Now, I always make sure it is 100% clean and protected from insects.