Esteemed Contributor

There could be a one button closure on this one.  For me, it's why the hood?   That's a deal breaker IMO.  I have sweaters that are open and some with buttons or a zip up style.

I wear them all as they are each useful for certain looks/outfits.

Esteemed Contributor

Apparently, buttoned sweaters aren't very popular, otherwise why don't stores and online outlets carry more of them?

I prefer open sweaters and I like hoods. The cashmere sweater shown looks a bit thin for the cost, though.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

I personally don't like buttons, zippers, whatever, on my sweaters. I like to wear them "open" most of the time.

If I want my sweater closed up, I wear a pull-over style.

I totally agree. Who buttons up a sweater anyways.? I like a casual look.  don't want to look like a sausage. 

Not sure how a cashmere sweater makes anyone look like a sausage...  🤔🤔🤔

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @Lipstickdiva the style is made to be open...  Who is the customer for a $237 sweater like this one...

I find open sweaters are for sitting inside, not for walking anywhere.  When one walks, the body moves, and the sweater will be hanging one side or the other, requiring constant readjustment or sloppy appearance...

The QVC models and hosts are constantly tugging at their clothes.

I don't care for constant readjustment of my clothes and would not spend $237 to look sloppy.

Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw 

I see buttoned sweaters everywhere.  

QVC skips the buttons to save costs, which seems silly at this price point.

Also, it saves them returns by providing fewer fit points, if purchasers can can get it over the arms and shoulder it fits...

Many posters have noticed that the models wear ill fitting clothes.  This is done on purpose.  They are telling its customers it's OK if the clothes don't fit right.

That is not the look I am going for...

Esteemed Contributor

If the sweater I purchase is supposed to be layered under a coat, for instance....it had better have a closure.  I buy them for warmth, after all.

Though, if I'm wearing a shearling coat, I don't need the sweater.  But yeah, if it's not part of my outfit and it's added as a layering piece....I won't buy it unless it has a closure, (preferrably buttons).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor
If you’re not happy with the lack of buttons, good, thickness of the fabric and/or price, then it’s clearly not for you.

Since when is fabric thickness an indicator of quality? I wore Tuff-Skins jeans as a child. They were the thickness of a bath mat. It didn’t mean they were good.
Respected Contributor

out of my price range.i bought 2 long sleeve carigans from walmart,and they have washed up beautifully

Respected Contributor

I love having the option to button up. There may be people who don't need to (very thin persons, for instance), but I just look sloppy if my clothes are flopping.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

I personally don't like buttons, zippers, whatever, on my sweaters. I like to wear them "open" most of the time.

If I want my sweater closed up, I wear a pull-over style.

I totally agree. Who buttons up a sweater anyways.? I like a casual look.  don't want to look like a sausage. 

@HLP      @DottieBlue 

ITA ....  That sweater would look awful buttoned.  It's just a lightweight sweater, not something to use as outerwear when it's cold outside.   

Some cashmere can be very warm, and that's why so many of these garments don't need buttons, zips etc.   Just not necessary.