Occasional Contributor

I didn't realize how fond I was of the villas used in the Italy remotes until today. The villas were breathtakingly beautiful, and rich with history. While the views of the town are charming, certainly that setting can be used in conjunction with a villa. It doesn't seem right to be on the street for the entire broadcast. Budget problems? Antonella deserves a villa! 

Esteemed Contributor
The Villas are beautiful but pretentious and not the real Italian lifestyle. Antonella is a true Italian and authentic and maybe didn't want the Villa.
Esteemed Contributor

As long as she is not sitting in front of a McDonalds, it is just fine with me!!Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

Maybe they just wanted to do something different so as not to take away from Lisa has done.  To me it doesn't see right to do the same type of show this year with no Lisa.  I like the change.

Super Contributor

I really like the change also, Antonella does look beautiful and has done a great job. I' m glad she's not trying to be Lisa... She is just being herself which is great.  I just don't get what is up with the use of crystals instead of Diamonique?

Occasional Contributor

Good point. I'm just greedy--wanting villas and the town square. :-)

Occasional Contributor

@Pamula wrote:

I really like the change also, Antonella does look beautiful and has done a great job. I' m glad she's not trying to be Lisa... She is just being herself which is great.  I just don't get what is up with the use of crystals instead of Diamonique?

Yes. Antonella does look lovely! Ms. A always does a great job! I just thought she deserves the best, like a villa, but everyone seems to think it's a good idea to change it up, which makes a lot of sense.  Re: the diamonique, since it is a top grade simulant maybe the price is going up and crystal costs less.

Super Contributor

I do miss the Villas too though... I miss hearing the birds and seeing the beautiful green and horizon.  Hopefully I will make it there someday.  I also agree that Antonella was the perfect person to do these shows!

Occasional Contributor

@darcy3 wrote:

Maybe they just wanted to do something different so as not to take away from Lisa has done.  To me it doesn't see right to do the same type of show this year with no Lisa.  I like the change.

Oh, I miss Lisa! But you make an excellent point. The change does seem like the right thing to do. I just loved those villas, the architecture,etc. :-).

Honored Contributor

Re: No Villa for Antonella?

[ Edited ]

Oh, I am so glad that there were no villas and no tons of tulle and taffeta with that long thick hair of Antonella's in this 100+ degree heat here.....I would have died.  There would not have been enough getlato in Italy to keep me cool.  

Antonella's was a different setting and she is a different person and she did a good job as did Lisa, but they are two different persons and had QVC copied that same type format for Antonella, the pages would have burst with criticism.

Both Lisa and Antonella did what they did well.  It is what ti is.  Good night.