Honored Contributor

They had to save up for the extra computer programmers to "update" the boards. 

Honored Contributor

I miss the villas and the glamour too, I love AN , but thought the show was boring and didn't continue to watch. Antonella can be just as glamorus as LR and I wish they would have continued with the old show. Antonella sitting outside a beautiful villa speaking Italian with the vendors would have been delightful. Don't fix want's not broke!

Trusted Contributor

I used to love watching the show with the villa, the dresses and Lisa.  Elegant and pretty. 

I'm not a big AN fan, though she is nice, just not my favorite for a jewlery show.  I didn't watch this year at all.

Esteemed Contributor
Spend lots of time in Italy and it is not about Villas and gowns; Italy is quite casual and it is about the people and their zest for life that makes Italy the #1 travel spot. Even owners of Villas can't handle the upkeep and use them for commercial purposes. I did not like the jewelry presented but the shows were more authentic not pretentious.
Respected Contributor

Antonella did a great job.  Lisa R is naturally more glamorous than Antonella.  Both types of showcased the host appropriately.  What was more surprising - was how little gold was shown on the all day show.  Very little 14KT or 18Kt.  It was almost all Bronzo or Vincenza Silver.

Trusted Contributor

I've watched only snatches of the Italian gold shows over the years......but I must say that I found the old format with La Lisa in a glamorous gown posed in front of a romantic villa for hours at a time pretentious and boring as all get-out!   Antonella is lively and natural, and the little bit I saw of her out and about in Italy was much more interesting and engaging than the old Lisa shows.  I liked Lisa, too, but I think Antonella and her fresh approach are a welcome change of pace.

Honored Contributor
I guess I was looking for the same glitz and glamour from past years but you can't sell the more costume type pieces and still pay for all of the gowns and villas.Ant did a wonderful job and it was good that the format changed so you are less likely to compare with previous times.I loved the new take on Italy!
Super Contributor

I only watched briefly, but I like the change.   It feels more authentic and gives the show a more contemporary vibe,  and it should have a different vibe with a different host.