Honored Contributor

Re: No Not Again, Beach Pants

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I thought the stripe was adorable and if I knew the weight of these, I may have been inclinded to buy a pair.

But if they are anything like last year's version, they are just too thick.  Glad I bought the black pair from e-bay.  I wear them around the house. 

@Lipstickdiva 

They talked a lot about them being like the ones offered in previous years so the fabric is probably the same.

I got these (stripes)  to wear around the house and, maybe running errands. I’m hoping I like them enough to wear when getting together with friends and, maybe even to work on casual Friday. 

I watched multiple presentations in hopes of seeing a solid blue top or tank that would match the striped pants but all I ever heard was a host mentioning a white tank top with it. If anyone caught an item number for a blue top to match, please share it! 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I watched multiple presentations in hopes of seeing a solid blue top or tank that would match the striped pants but all I ever heard was a host mentioning a white tank top with it. If anyone caught an item number for a blue top to match, please share it! 

@willdob3 

From the picture - it looks like there are various blue shades in the stripes.  It should be easy to find a match.  

I'm not too concerned about "matching" the blue shades .... I have a bunch of blue tops (from JCP, LandsEnd and Hanes) that should work with the pants.  Color range from dark blue to chambray.

Respected Contributor

Why do they call them beach pants?  Who wears pants to the beach?  They are quite ugly, I must admit.  

Respected Contributor

I thought they were kind of cute, and I am usually anti prints. I liked the leaf and flowers but wouldn't want these in a solid, and I wear solids 99% of the time. Go figure.

I didn't order because I was unsure about sizes. I ordered the previous ikat style on eBay and will see how it fits, and I will wait for reviews on these to come in, and then possibly order this if they have any left in my size.

I think you can pull off the wide leg look if you are short and style it right. I plan on wearing with wedge espadrilles or wedge flip flops and fitted top.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Frequent Contributor

I can't wear them.  I am very petite.  I ordered the small, my regular size, and they look like clown pants on me.  

Honored Contributor

Received my beach pants today in the medium tall, ordered a small pair in the same order but didn't receive that on the same day. Go figure.

The medium is too big, hoping the small will work. I like them. I got the stripe.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I love my stripe ones!   They are so pretty and perfect for spring/summer.

Esteemed Contributor

I received my first pair of beach pants today...I got the floral ones which is unusual for me as I don't usually wear any floral bottoms whatsoever, but I was drawn to the colorful fun summery look of these so thought I would give them a try.

I love them...absolutely adorable!...I tried them on with a white fitted tee top with cap sleeves and it makes a really cute summer outfit....At first I thought I would just be using them for lounging pants around the house but I can see where they can easily be worn when going out also!

I'm 5'-5 1/2" and slim and the size small is a perfect fit...I would get another pair in the stripe but they are sold out in my size.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Received my striped pants in the small today, perfect fit. I  have a pair of navy Skechers sandals with a 2" heel that will look so cute with them. I have several navy tops, will look for a light blue t-shirt. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I wore a black pair tonight wth a pair of flat boots, a t shirt and a flowered shrug

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.