Honored Contributor

Re: No Linea TSV This Spring?

On 2/19/2014 Sheesh said:
On 2/19/2014 namealreadytaken said:

Somebody at QVC has not learned marketing techniques very well, unless it is Miss WalMart who was able to clothe men and women we have seen in the WalMart photographs, out late at night shopping in something less presentable than pajamas.

What? Can you please explain?

If you have been the CIO at Walmart and HP, how do the skills you brought with you compare to those needed for a designer like Louis.

How does dressing the late-night shoppers (who we have all seen pictures of) at Walmart, compare to a designer line like LDO.

Super Contributor

I was hoping for a TSV from Louis also this spring. I thought the jacket from last year, sold very well, so I'm surprised he isn't having another TSV this year.

Well, I'm sure we will find other things we like to purchase, when his new spring things are all available.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/19/2014 Shopsy said:

Louis' specialty is classic American sportswear. Especially jackets. However, I have plenty of Linea jackets.

I love the TSV's that are basics that EVERYONE wants, so you can buy multiples at a great price. Like the v-neck whisper knit sweater.

BUT, what I'd love to see is a Linea jewelry TSV. It would lend exposure to this line of quality costume jewelry. The Horsebit necklace would have been perfect. I think something similar, a classic necklace, would be a nice choice.

What do you think?

I would LOVE to see a Linea Jewelry TSV! - What a great idea!

Trusted Contributor

What bothers me a great deal (not so much anymore) was when they would have these NY Fashion shows during the period of Mercedes week or one in Los Angeles during oscar period of time and bring on these new "designers" whose clothes never sold except at presentation and whose clothing, for the most part, were returned due to poor fit or quality and the "designers" were not asked back or chose not to return, so next season we got a few more "designers," BUT they cannot let Louis (tried and true) do any real expression of his talents for designing great clothes during these times that are ripe for the taking.

Somebody at QVC has not learned marketing techniques very well, unless it is Miss WalMart who was able to clothe men and women we have seen in the WalMart photographs, out late at night shopping in something less presentable than pajamas.

Yes. That is when the downturn began and across the board at QVC. And that is when she brought IM in after being unsuccessful in luring him to WalMart from Target. I still wonder what the terms were with IM in order to get him to come to QVC. As soon as he entered, designer after designer with real talent and real training fell by the wayside.

We were able to reinstate Louis only by dent of our determination. And initially at the very most inconvenient times and with the lowest possible inventory. But many other fine designers -who were bona fide designers- were shown the door. While the "celebrity" non-designers were given the go-ahead.

Honored Contributor

I would LOVE to read the IM/QVC contract. How about you, Barb in VA?

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for asking, Name. Have had some pretty devastating rough spots and challenges here in the new year. But am following doctor's orders, resting, and feeling better each day. And am sooooo looking forward to our return trip to Vienna this Spring with our youngest and his bride in tow as a wedding present to them. I know this will be a wonderful trip for all of us.

And you? Enjoying (spoiling!) the new granddaughter?

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:

Thanks for asking, Name. Have had some pretty devastating rough spots and challenges here in the new year. But am following doctor's orders, resting, and feeling better each day. And am sooooo looking forward to our return trip to Vienna this Spring with our youngest and his bride in tow as a wedding present to them. I know this will be a wonderful trip for all of us.

And you? Enjoying (spoiling!) the new granddaughter?

Like you, some (just a few) rough spots. Some "thinking" issues with the MS. I love that baby girl. She is beautiful. She spent her first Christmas at my house. I hope she enjoyed it. We will tell her when she is older and if I am not here to tell her, she will know that I did a lot to make her Christmas special because I did and for the other grands. It was a great Christmas! I am paying the piper now....

Love to hear about your trip to Vienna. Please share with us. Today is the anniversary of Grady's death so it was a bit of a blue day. I will start on a new medication soon, so I will be much better very soon. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:

I think even the SG fans are getting tired of her TSVs, which seem to be variations on the same theme.

I can remember one Linea TSV which was a paillette trimmed sweater set. All the others were tailored jackets. Louis does those like no other!

I'm so tired of SG TSV's every 4 or 6 weeks. I think it's shameful that Louis doesn't get a TSV and Marc Bouwer doesn't either. I have that paillette trimmed sweater TSV, and I love it. I also bought the matching skirt. I have it in aqua and it's lovely. I'd love to see another jacket TSV from Louis.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I was hoping for a TSV from Louis also this spring. I thought the jacket from last year, sold very well, so I'm surprised he isn't having another TSV this year.

Well, I'm sure we will find other things we like to purchase, when his new spring things are all available.

ITA Amp. I ended up buying that jacket in coral a few months after it was a TSV. It's lovely. He is deserving of a TSV.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

On 2/18/2014 PattiJ said: Tunic with matching leggings done in Louis style. Or a fab whisper knit set or maybe a beautiful blazer. Anything Linea would be wonderful. I think a linea tsv every few months would work for me
I'd love a WK tunic pant combo for a tsv. Or a twinset in many colors for the fall so you could mix and match with a ponte pant as a hot pick. Love his ponte pants. Hopefully they could bring in enough for a change.