Frequent Contributor

Re: No Linea TSV This Spring?

On 2/18/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 2/18/2014 QBH said:

I definitely think an LDO TSV should be a Whisper Knit -- I don't think enough of the general public (other than we Linea Ladies) are familiar with this FABULOUS knit because all the WK items are OLO. Can you imagine their reaction to their first WK Turtleneck?? LOL -- I collect them like different colored crayons in my box (drawer). One turtleneck and you're hooked{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Don't know how far in advance a TSV is planned but I think a jewel neckline would be in order for a WK TSV-- its a look most women can wear w/o worrying about hiding necks, showing cleavage etc.

The turtleneck was how I got originally hooked -- but I agree anything in WK that is perfect for that TSV's season would be great. If Louis can ramp up his OLO sales and have customers treat that line like essentials, then we all win! (new colors, more styles, etc.)

Respected Contributor

It takes a year to plan and order a TSV---that's what Louis told us the last time. So, we know there is no TSV in the works now as he would have probably alerted us to it by now---not revealing what it is, mind you, but at least telling us that one would be coming. But who knows, maybe he is keeping mum and will let us know as the time approaches. Maybe the Q is keeping a tight lid on it. Still, it does not hurt for us to keep asking for one (or more). As we know, there are clothing vendors/designers who routinely have TSVs, and we all know who those vendors are---they are Q Brands that have a higher profit margin for the Q, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they get the TSVs, unlike Linea which is not a Q brand. I thought the Ponte Peplum Jacket was fantastic---I bought it in 5 colors---the quality is superb---exactly what we expect from Louis and Linea---there was no diminution in quality whatsoever!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Louis *used* to have a couple of TSVs a year! And I still have mine from years and years ago. Among my favorites are the embroidered linen grosgrain ribbon trimmed jacket, an embroidered boucle jacket, and a suede jacket. He always had something that really caught the eye.

But I agree that the wonderful Whisper Knit would be a fantastic introduction to his now condensed line. The OLOs are a way to expand the line without having air time. But how much more the line would expand with a couple of TSVs per year as QVC used to do! They could still do a TSV with "go withs" OLO.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/18/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:

Louis *used* to have a couple of TSVs a year! And I still have mine from years and years ago. Among my favorites are the embroidered linen grosgrain ribbon trimmed jacket, an embroidered boucle jacket, and a suede jacket. He always had something that really caught the eye.

But I agree that the wonderful Whisper Knit would be a fantastic introduction to his now condensed line. The OLOs are a way to expand the line without having air time. But how much more the line would expand with a couple of TSVs per year as QVC used to do! They could still do a TSV with "go withs" OLO.

ABSOLUTELY -- You made this idea even better!

Valued Contributor

Louis so excels at tailoring that I for one would love another tailored piece. I loved the last TSV and have it in "several" colors. I'm still picking up pieces to work with it and can't wait for Louis' new white mock neck sleeveless WK due this spring as it will be gorgeous with the fashion colors of last years TSV jacket. But I'd just be happy to see ANY Linea TSV. I love all of his basics - the WK turtlenecks, the WK mock necks, the elbow sleeve sweaters, the boho skirt, and then the gorgeous jackets etc... Surely the sales of the 2013 TSV MUST have met company expectations if not exceeded them. And Susan Graver - no diss on her intended at all here - seems to have TSV's every time we turn around... and yet Linea TSV's are scarce as Hen's Teeth.

Trusted Contributor

I think even the SG fans are getting tired of her TSVs, which seem to be variations on the same theme.

I can remember one Linea TSV which was a paillette trimmed sweater set. All the others were tailored jackets. Louis does those like no other!

Valued Contributor

Yes Barbara. I remember the paillette beauty though I did not purchase at that time. Personally I just can't get enough of his tailored perfection.

Trusted Contributor

Yes. I would think that the denim group would have been an ideal TSV for this Spring. So much versatility there and for a broad audience.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:

Is this the linen jacket you are referring? - if so, one of my Summer favorites!

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio LINEN JACKET EMBROIDERY sz MED NEWwtgs

Any Linea TSV would be wonderful. Can't wait for the new denim pieces OLO - Louis keeps me excited about fashion!

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 TheOwl said:

Yes Barbara. I remember the paillette beauty though I did not purchase at that time. Personally I just can't get enough of his tailored perfection.

I remember that one too. I did not buy it, but did buy the boiled wool jacket TSV. There were matching turtlenecks available separately.