Esteemed Contributor

Re: No Linea TSV This Spring?

On 2/18/2014 CouponQueen said:

Could he keep up with orders of a TSV? I noticed he cannot do that with the regular offerings he does now?

If they give him enough time - notice maybe?

I also think they want TSV that will sell many thousands.

It is my understanding that QVC, not LDO decide the quantity ordered so that should not be a deciding factor in whether to offer a Linea TSV.

The last TSV sold over 20K jackets in one day.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Could he keep up with orders of a TSV? I noticed he cannot do that with the regular offerings he does now?

It's not a matter of Louis "keeping up with orders." QVC decides how many they will order of each design, not LDO. They choose to order limited quantities of most of his clothing, their profit margin being lower on a private vendor like LDO, than it is for QVC owned lines like Susan Graver.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

There should be a Linea TSV several times a year ... and a Linea Live Show once in a while to go along with the TSV.
Trusted Contributor

And unicorns, too.

Valued Contributor

I would like a WK top with a matching muffler/scarf.

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 shoesnbags said:

It's not a matter of Louis "keeping up with orders." QVC decides how many they will order of each design, not LDO. They choose to order limited quantities of most of his clothing, their profit margin being lower on a private vendor like LDO, than it is for QVC owned lines like Susan Graver.

Louis could keep up, but the buyers do not choose to order his items in sufficient numbers. The buyers also do not want to order petites or talls.

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to double talk in this response. First of all it is indeed something of an honor for a vendor to get a TSV. Therefore, I would love to have him shown the respect he richly deserves and have one.

On the other hand, fashion TSVs are often mediocre pieces thrown together in the volume of tens of thousands units. If it's a question of Louis standards not being able to meet the minimum inventory requirements for a fashion TSV then I totally understand why there will be no Linea spring TSV. I'd rather see Linea not be compromised to lower quality standards for any reason.

Frequent Contributor

I definitely think an LDO TSV should be a Whisper Knit -- I don't think enough of the general public (other than we Linea Ladies) are familiar with this FABULOUS knit because all the WK items are OLO. Can you imagine their reaction to their first WK Turtleneck?? LOL -- I collect them like different colored crayons in my box (drawer). One turtleneck and you're hooked

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 QBH said:

I definitely think an LDO TSV should be a Whisper Knit -- I don't think enough of the general public (other than we Linea Ladies) are familiar with this FABULOUS knit because all the WK items are OLO. Can you imagine their reaction to their first WK Turtleneck?? LOL -- I collect them like different colored crayons in my box (drawer). One turtleneck and you're hooked{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Don't know how far in advance a TSV is planned but I think a jewel neckline would be in order for a WK TSV-- its a look most women can wear w/o worrying about hiding necks, showing cleavage etc.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I agree with Trix - both paragraphs. I may not buy a Linea TSV (I didn't buy the last one; not my style or length), but I hope he has one for his sake & for getting more followers. I buy plenty of Linea, but just the longer length items and the cool-looking ones that suit my taste.