Trusted Contributor

The jeans from 5 plus years ago (or even longer possibly) are very different from the jeans Diane is offering the last few years, primarily due to the fabrics.  Her original jeans were made from substantial denim (not saying they were necessarily "premium" denim) but definitely a sold fabric.

What she is fabricating now is her attempt at making jeans feel as comfy as lounge pants or pj's and the fabrics are entirely different.  I can understand that those who loved her original jeans on HSN might not find the newer fabrics being used to their liking.  They are very, very different.

I also don't necessarily agree that if you buy to your body type, either one of them will work.  I am and always have been more of an apple shape, regardless of my weight.  Yet I have not found anything in Diane's line to work for me - it doesn't help much if the waist measurements might work if the entire rest of the jean fits poorly.

My best luck on HSN for jeans lately has been G by Guiliana - she makes a great boyfriend jean and does use premium fabrics.  I haven't found the need to try some of her other styles yet but feel fairly sure that I will also really like them.

They carried NYDJ's brand for awhile and those I loved but think they have now discontinued them.  They do offer some other quality jean brands but since I am not a huge jeans wearer, I haven't tried them out yet.  I live in leggings in the winter months and shorts and dresses in the horribly hot summer months here so no reason to have a huge jean wardrobe anymore.

I do agree that Diane can be obnoxiously rude to the hosts which bugs me because they are so patient and pleasant with her regardless of how rude she is to them.  I often think that some of the hosts probably can't wait until the show is over - it has to be frustrating to be treated so dimissively in front of the viewers and just have to tolerate it.  When Diane treats them like that, I always feel so badly for them.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Someone else just posted another DG thread, so I went over there to check it out.  It's 4PM EST and DG has on a too-tight baby blue babydoll top with a LOGOish ruffle at the bottom.  She looks pitifully ridiculous.  I want to LOL, but I actually feel sorry for her.

I have more than a few of her jeans from back in the day, bought 2 within the last 3 months, which were original fabric and baby bells...prefer the original fabric...her skinnys are all too-tight leggings...for the most part, I'm done with her jeans.

She wore that at midnight and she looked pregnant.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

Re: No Diane Gilman

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

Well.... she's had an extremely successful run on HSN for a VERY long tme.  She must be doing something right..... as far as whether something looks good on her or not, it's a matter of personal taste.  What one person may think looks hideous on someone may be another person's idea of great style.  I'm grateful there's so much variety to pick from..... Woman LOL

It's not about her success.  Seriously take a look at her right now.  You can't tell me she looks good in that shirt.  She's not wearing the white jeans I saw her in but trust me, they were so tight in her thighs ad knees that they pulled and rolled.  If they work for certain figures that's one thing, but on her body type it was bad.

Respected Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

I can't keep track of the various fabrics she uses.  This super stretch light or whatever seems to be the stretchiest of them all and to be honest, those "jeans" don't look like denim to me.  Don't get me wrong, I love a strech jean.  At $49.95 I don't want to experiment with some mystery fabric.  I'm looking at  a presentation now and the tan pair looks like a khaki pant and the white ones are awful.  They look like cotton sheeting fabric.  They show everything on the models and the brear doesn't seem to give any of them a good fit.  

During one presentation she compared her fabric to tires, being rubber and all and lycra comes from rubber (her words).  She said something like 'you count on your tires for the safety of your vehicle and tires are made from rubber and these jeans have lycra in them and lycra comes from rubber ... blah, blah, blah.'

Respected Contributor

All that came to mind with those rhinestones on the pockets were:

Honored Contributor

Love the DG stretch boot cut and skinnies.  They fit and flatter....the only jean that I like as much is NYDJs.  I'm not ordering the TSV today as I'm not crazy about the sparkle on the pocket and not sure about the "stretch light".  But the regular stretch jeans look great on me and I've received compliments asking me what brand I'm wearing.  Jeans are very individual for fit and I'm glad to have found DG2.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've tried a few DG jeans. The flex jeans just didn't work for me, sizing was way off and after several returns I gave up . I do have a pair of her jeggings that are very comfortable. I saw her wearing the TSV in white and black and also the blue top. None of these would work for me, think I'm to old lol. As far as her looks, I think I read somewhere that she has a medical condition. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep wrote:

I bought a few of her jeans when she was new to HSN and was happy with the fit and the material. The ones I have tried over the past six or eight years are not so good. I don't watch her because I cannot stand her voice and she just doesn't know when to zip it.

She and Susan Graver and Joy Mangano...all from the same mold...and Shannon Smith the host.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Diane needs to make xxs for those who are a small.  Her jeans stretch out a great deal and run big. 

Her xs is like a 6/8.

Honored Contributor

When they run in numberered sizes, her 2's are like 6's.