Respected Contributor

Your jeans don't look good on every woman, esp you.  Those white jeans she has on are definitely NOT what she should be wearing, along with those shoes.  She may claim she is a clothes designer but clearly her choice of dress is the worst look for her body type.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Well.... she's had an extremely successful run on HSN for a VERY long tme.  She must be doing something right..... as far as whether something looks good on her or not, it's a matter of personal taste.  What one person may think looks hideous on someone may be another person's idea of great style.  I'm grateful there's so much variety to pick from..... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I have a few pairs of DG jeans and I like them.  I don't need any more so I'm not watching.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, @Karnerblue. Not a good look on Diane today. The white jeans are grabbing her and wrinkled all around the lower leg, and the shoes - wow, they're just ridiculous. 

Diane's jeans were not for me. Yes, my waist is not as small as it used to be, but gosh, the waist was huge. And the fabric, very uncomfortable. They felt like a panty hose that would ride down and had to be pulled up. 

I don't think her jeans flatter even the perfect models. I watch her shows and have three of her tops, but the jeans just don't work for me. 

Super Contributor

I have several pairs of Diane Gilman jeans.  The fit is true and the price is right.  They are quite stylish. 

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Trusted Contributor

I like her old classic style, with the regular denim.

Over the years she has played lots of a game called "let's try this demin", and the denims really are very different. Her sizing is now all over the map because of her material changes. The colored jeans run much different from the denim colors (indigo, regular, white). I find the colors run smaller.

So, you have to be careful "which denim" she is showcasing. Today's TSV is the stretchy, stretchy type denim. It looks like denim, and it feels like denim, but the stretch is way too much for my liking.

The last TSV she had was a good denim, and they were straight leg. Those fit nice (on me).

I don't know if all the different denims are her marketing plan, so she is not selling the same thing all the time, but I find it annoying. I bought all the classic denim that were left in my size when the writing was on the wall she has permanently veered away from plain old regular denim jeans. All the classic denim went on clearance.

Now she is on a mission (I guess) to make jeans feel like PJ's but look like jeans. She does have a cult following. Not me anymore though. It costs too much shipping things back because of sizing issues.

I give it to her though for having a business that sells 85% jeans, and she did not get that part of her business up and running until she was after the age of 45-50. That is hard to do. HSN is her life though, without HSN I do not think it would have become so big.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a few of her jeans when she was new to HSN and was happy with the fit and the material. The ones I have tried over the past six or eight years are not so good. I don't watch her because I cannot stand her voice and she just doesn't know when to zip it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Diane has extremely devoted fans.  I tried her jeans some years back and they didn't work for me, but I'm just one woman.  Obviously, they are working for thousands!

I think Diane is entertaining, and I love her enthusiasm and self-confidence.  Think I read somewhere she was dating a much younger man (I could be dreaming that). 

She used to make a lot of other things besides jeans and tops, but I guess that is what sells.  Clothing sales are a tough business and she's found a way to change and thrive.  Gotta give her that!

That hair is a force to be reckoned withWoman LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I have a few pairs of DG jeans and I like them.  I don't need any more so I'm not watching.

I purchased a pair I believe the last time she was on.  They are straight leg and I wear them with boots when it snows.  I have no complaints about them.  They are comfortable and they fit nice.  I was fortunate that I picked the right size the first time, after getting advice from the forums on HSN.  Not sure why her sizes are over the place.

Valued Contributor

I've purchased several different styles of Diane's jeans over the years, mostly on clearance, and have had no issues at all.  I love them.