Trusted Contributor

I like a good deal, who doesn't?

None were to be found at the Dress Barn store closing by me.

I am sad the store is closing because I have found some really nice pieces there at good prices.

Prices were 40-60% off of full price, but it seemed liked the full price was upped.

I left with nothing because I have gotten better deals there before this.

DH mentioned that Dress Barn might be going to an online store scenario, therefore they are not truly liquidating inventory.

Whatever the situation, just another brick and mortar casualty. 

I like to to try on my clothes and feel the fabric.  Not too fond of my favorite stores going away, but looks like I will have to get used to it.

Honored Contributor

I was on one a few weeks ago and they had brands other then what they sell there also

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I bought some really nice skirts there during the summer, and the cashier mentioned they would be closing in the coming months. I hate to see stores like that close. I remember feeling the same way when Fashion Bug closed. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

They are transitioning to an online store, there would be no incentive at all for them to play price games in their few remaining stores.  They'd get nothing out of it.  It's 40-60% of online and in the stores.  With an extra 60% off clearance items.  That's like giving stuff away.

Trusted Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl 

All my summer jean and cargo crops picked out from DB, and they're great quality.

Hope Old Navy doesnt go out of business. DB was the type of stores that one could count on to find a dressier outfit for a more formal occasion (if needed); hard to believe its not going to be around. I'm still trying to process that our local Carsons and Nordstom closed too. 😔

⚓️
Respected Contributor
I was a loyal dress barn shopper and not really happy w/the deals at the store. Actually, there are no deals,?and yesterday I was in a NJ dress barn and bought a top for 40% ( still not cheap) and the clerk stuffs it in a bag sized to put socks in. I looked at the bag +asked her to put it in a regular size bag. This is the 2nd time she has stuffed multiple items in a small bag. I mean, really? With the crazy amount of money I have spent at the store, they seem to have forgotten about their customers in their closing process.
Trusted Contributor

To each their own, but I never cared for Dress Barn - no loss to me if they go out of business.