Honored Contributor

Re: No Angelina and Brad Pitt at the Oscars??

I totally missed seeing Ms Aniston too - was she there? IMO a lot of great looking gowns though, more so than other shows like this.

Doogie wasn't very good was he? I hope he got paid really good for showing up almost nude too. Not a pretty picture and you could tell the audience wondered why as well. Bad write-ups in the newspaper about the entire show. Not good, viewing numbers way down from last year.

Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Ford1224 said:

Actually, her movie was about a man who was a soldier in WW II, and was in a fighter jet that got shot down over the ocean, but survived because of his strong will, was a POW in Japan and brutally beaten, became an Olympic champ, again by sheer will, and also suffered many other personal challenges which he came through on his own without killing anybody. He lived just long enough to see the movie and died shortly after that. Angelina grew to love him and he loved her. IMO, a far better story than the one that did get nominated, which I am glad did not win.

I haven't seen either movie yet, but Unbroken is the one I want to see when I get the opportunity. (Not ON DEMAND yet)

I don't blame them for not showing up at the Oscars. They try to make relevant movies and get ignored. Admirably, they make up for it by living relevant lives.

Ford, that is a beautifully written post. I think they are truly ambassadors of good will and do so much for people less fortunate than they are.

Honored Contributor

Normally, the stars appear when they are nominated. If they win, they show up the following year as a presenter in the same category they won (best actor, supporting actor).

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 pink dogwood said:

I totally missed seeing Ms Aniston too - was she there? IMO a lot of great looking gowns though, more so than other shows like this.

Doogie wasn't very good was he? I hope he got paid really good for showing up almost nude too. Not a pretty picture and you could tell the audience wondered why as well. Bad write-ups in the newspaper about the entire show. Not good, viewing numbers way down from last year.

I would think a good part of the audience was familiar with Michael Keaton's role and would get the reason why NPH was wearing tightie whities.

aniston witherspoon

Honored Contributor

It's too bad Neil Patrick Harris wasn't well-received. I thought he looked great in briefs.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 smokymtngal said:

Actually, her movie was about a man who was a soldier in WW II, and was in a fighter jet that got shot down over the ocean, but survived because of his strong will, was a POW in Japan and brutally beaten, became an Olympic champ, again by sheer will, and also suffered many other personal challenges which he came through on his own without killing anybody. He lived just long enough to see the movie and died shortly after that. Angelina grew to love him and he loved her. IMO, a far better story than the one that did get nominated, which I am glad did not win.

I haven't seen either movie yet, but Unbroken is the one I want to see when I get the opportunity. (Not ON DEMAND yet)

I don't blame them for not showing up at the Oscars. They try to make relevant movies and get ignored. Admirably, they make up for it by living relevant lives.

Ford, that is a beautifully written post. I think they are truly ambassadors of good will and do so much for people less fortunate than they are.

Thanks for agreeing with me. Mostly they get criticized, and I don't get it. They really walk the walk . . . Brad spent a couple of years in New Orleans (they even have a home there) building homes for the homeless. Angelina is always involved with impoverished people all over the world, not to mention being a UN Ambassador. They have three adopted children and three of their own, and their kids go with them wherever they go.

So they're not so "into Hollywood." So what? I admire them and hope they stay together always.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Sometimes it confuses me to see some of the people who show up, but to tell the truth, I didn't even miss Brad, Angelina, George or Amal until they were mentioned here. Angelina always seems so annoyed, like she doesn't want to be there, so maybe this time she decided to skip it. It was fun to see the fashions of those who did attend, though.

Whoo boy, did Fashion Police ever skewer the Academy for dissing Joan Rivers! Yowza!

Respected Contributor

Actually, her movie was about a man who was a soldier in WW II, and was in a fighter jet that got shot down over the ocean, but survived because of his strong will, was a POW in Japan and brutally beaten, became an Olympic champ, again by sheer will, and also suffered many other personal challenges ,which he came through on his own without killing anybody. He lived just long enough to see the movie and died shortly after that. Angelina grew to love him and he loved her. IMO, a far better story than the one that did get nominated, which I am glad did not win.

He did the Olympic running etc. first, also, it wasn't a jet, it was a t B24 bomber and the crew named it Superman. I read the book and it is an awesome life he had. Most people would never make it through what he endured.

mm

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Mama Mia said:

Actually, her movie was about a man who was a soldier in WW II, and was in a fighter jet that got shot down over the ocean, but survived because of his strong will, was a POW in Japan and brutally beaten, became an Olympic champ, again by sheer will, and also suffered many other personal challenges ,which he came through on his own without killing anybody. He lived just long enough to see the movie and died shortly after that. Angelina grew to love him and he loved her. IMO, a far better story than the one that did get nominated, which I am glad did not win.

He did the Olympic running etc. first, also, it wasn't a jet, it was a t B24 bomber and the crew named it Superman. I read the book and it is an awesome life he had. Most people would never make it through what he endured.

mm

mm

I haven't read the book yet, but I plan to, so I don't know the finer details. What I saw was a piece on TV about Angelina and the war veteran and their relationship and some scenes from the movie. Even that was very moving. I will also make sure I see the movie. Thanks mm.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 suzeecat said:

Sometimes it confuses me to see some of the people who show up, but to tell the truth, I didn't even miss Brad, Angelina, George or Amal until they were mentioned here. Angelina always seems so annoyed, like she doesn't want to be there, so maybe this time she decided to skip it. It was fun to see the fashions of those who did attend, though.

Whoo boy, did Fashion Police ever skewer the Academy for dissing Joan Rivers! Yowza!

I think I'll watch that . . . hope it's ON DEMAND today.

Formerly Ford1224