Honored Contributor

Re: 🎄 No AMS Live Chat, 7/15 🎄

@Dawnie wrote:

Working around the house till 4 when meet friends for dinner.  Packing for a Key West trip Monday-Thursday. 

Been down with acid reflux!  After researching omeprazole usage of 20 plus years I'm weaning off.  Alternating with Zantac for awhile, then wean off Zantac in a few mos.  Hopefully!  Diet changes, manuka honey, aloe juice, marshmallow tea, probiotics.  

@Dawnie

Please check out ecan.org.  They have a wealth of information about acid reflux, Barrett's esophagus, and esophageal cancer.  They post a lot on FB as well.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@bopper wrote:

I love Leah and Am Style and too much Christmas this weekend for me.   We are heading out of town until tomorrow to visit my son, so won't be TV watching anyways but I sure do enjoy my coffee and watching fashions on Saturday morning!

@bopper

Welcome to the thread!Cat Happy

I think that Gabrielle is still on QVC2 at 10 with AMS, if that interests you.

So angry that my cable doesn't carry it in HD. Everything is stretched out and impossible to watch. The IPad screen is quite small. Ah SPECTRUM...thought they'd be better than Time Warner. 

i don't think Q2 is available in HD yet

try resetting your picture to standard

Contributor

Thank you!!!

Trusted Contributor

@twinny70

Manuka honey is harvested in New Zealand from Manuka bushes.  It's the consistency of caramel.  Quite tasty.  I ordered from Amazon, along with the marshmallow tea. 

@lolakimono

Thanks for the Ecan.org site.  I will check it out!

Honored Contributor

gym

bastille day celebration if the weather holds

Bloomingdales pick up something

Honored Contributor

surprised they are giving up 2 hours to fashion on cij triple play programmng 

Respected Contributor

I love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. But I cannot stand Christmas in July. I was also hoping to see Leah this morning, only to see another day of dollar store junk (sorry). Lol, not a big fan of QVC fashions, but it's a darn sight better than 2 days of cheap trinkets. I can only hope Sunday will not be Christmas every time I change the channel to QVC.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dawnie

Manka honey saves me every time.

Actually, Manuka has allowed me to get on an early am flight. Took it right before.

I decided to wean off Omeprazole yesterday and took neither. Bad decision for yesterday, I guess!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Good morning, ladies. We have been downsizing our holiday things so no Christmas stuff for me..we winter in Az and fly home to see the grands during Christmas. 

I have been stocking up on dresses to wear when it is hot and humid...find them much cooler than capris or shorts and a top. I am 5 ' 9 so can carry off wearing a maxi. 

I enjoy your thread..we are getting more hot and humid weather..arghhh.

(((hugs)))

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1

You are weaning off omep also?!    I am alternating generic Zantac w omep for a week.  Then generic Zantac for a month or so.  Then start weaning off that.  Had a bad bout from not taking omep regularly.  Lump in throat, wheezing, coughing. I haven't spoken to my gastro physician about this. I got very concerned after researching long term effects of omep.