Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Bird mama 

the furniture that we are keeping:

tv's

mattresses (king and queen) 

bedroom suite (white scaled-down from our guest room) 

car

these will be going on March 31st.

It should feel bad to be only keeping this much...but it doesn't; it feels good!

I'm thinking my closet contents may account for more space on the moving truck than anything else! 😂 

Emptying my dresser in our bedroom was the WORST!

chance to start new and fresh

no reason to feel bad

I would do the same

Honored Contributor

Went to the gym, Going to head to the mall and just go out looking around

Adidas factory has 50% off so just going to go and see what they have will

probably get a coffee at Dunkin' Donuts

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

Here's to a great couple!

359F81C4-D3E7-44F7-A49A-65A15CE1B237.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all for best wishes. We need them and appreciate them.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

So we had a few that didn't show up, which was fine.  One is a student who is a behavioral problem, so without an administrator on campus I wasn't sure how he would behave.  I jumped for joy when I saw that he was not coming!

I looked online, because I was thinking it would be about 8-12, but it said even with breaks it would take about 3 hours.  I told the kids it would be after 11:15, and then we confiscated their phones.  I guess the 3 hour estimate was for students who have the demographic information already filled in or pre-printed on labels, because that took about 40 minutes, so we didn't finish until 12:15.  

Afterwards, my friends went to a restaurant and got a table while I drove straight to UPS with the answer sheets and test books.  It was a good thing, because it was already 1:00 and they close at 3:00.  No way I wanted to be responsible for those exams over the weekend.

They decided on Mexican.  One doesn't eat any seafood, and he doesn't like Indian, Thai, Japanese, etc. and the other is vegan, so we had lmited offerings where we could also get an adult beverage.  So Mexican it was! 

I got carded.  I asked my friend to order me a margarita while I went to the bathroom and washed up after my trip to UPS, and she said that he wouldn't let her without seeing my ID.  When he came back and I showed it to him, I think he thought it was fake because I am SO old, that it was funny that he had refused to serve me.  Ha!

Of course, we chose a restaurant across the street from school, so one of my students was working.  I got him at the semester change, but I have only seen him about four times.  He was our fresh guacamole maker, so he came to the table with a big cart.  We were three Spanish teachers, but we didn't really speak Spanish to the waiter, so when he came back to take our order, the student told him, "you know they speak Spanish right?"  

We each had a big girl margarita, chips, salsa, guac, etc. and then it was 2:30.  

I came home with the intention of taking a nap.  After eating, I had a coughing/choking spell, which has been typical of this illness.  Yesterday was ONE MONTH since I first contracted it.  Of course, when I got home, there was all sorts of noise outside and I couldn't really fall asleep.  I told BF that I really could not commit to the party after the really long week, so he went without me and I went to bed at 7.  I did not eat dinner- was still full from lunch, so now I'm finally up and thinking about breakfast. 

Honored Contributor

Re: No AMS Live Chat, 3/7

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

your day yesterday sounds fun! 😂 

Funny What the waiter-student said.

Sorry you are still having issues from the illness. 
I wish my Jan-Feb bug would just go away conpletely too.

We are hoping our flight (one-way) to PA remains viable. Hoping for no cancellation due to C virus. So far, so good!

HOW GREAT THAT YOU GOT CARDED!😍

Esteemed Contributor

Re: No AMS Live Chat, 3/7

[ Edited ]

Heads up, Style Sisters ... 40% off at JC today, plus extra 40 off sale items.   

Got four cotton terry hoodies and two matching tees

j.crew: garment-dyed v-neck hoodie in original cotton terry, right side, view zoomed

j.crew: garment-dyed v-neck hoodie in original cotton terry, right side, view zoomed

Also in navy and pink ... 

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

I bought a tank top (factory)

but I sure do like those hoodies you purchased!

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SoX 

I bought a tank top (factory)

but I sure do like those hoodies you purchased!

@LTT1 

I need all the help I can get to keep me motivated for my walks ... bright colors certainly help!