Honored Contributor

Re: No AM Style Chat 2/23/19

@LTT1   oooh.  I never took the flu shot until the year my husband got sick.  As his main caregiver the last thing I wanted to do was bring home the flu.  I then took it for a couple of years after he passed away because my Ma was frail.  After she passed, they eliminated the choice in flu vaccines.  They combined the 2 vaccines that had previously been offered separately into one.  That was the year I stopped taking the flu shot Woman Happy

Latex allergy is nothing to play with.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

I have such an excellent relationship with my general medicine doctor that I considered going out of network when my health plan (United Health Care) and Northwestern Medical Center almost came to blows about renewing their relationship; and we were notified to start looking for another health provider.   Turns out they kissed and made up, so it wasn't necessary, thank goodness.

She listens to me when I have concerns about a treatment, and will follow my lead unless or until it doesn't work out.   She knows my BP spikes when I first have it checked by a nurse upon arrival.  She waits awhile, comes in and rechecks ... it's lower.   Because she knows I worked at one of the country's largest medical centers and was in medical education and administration, she always asks if a student can do my assessment.  Of course, I say ... when the student gives the report in my presence, I'm so supportive, the students really want to hug me (smile).  My doctor justs gives me a thumbs up sign behind the studen't's back.  She's a gem ...

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SoX 

Hi and how are you doing?

@LTT1   ... 

Hey girl ... doing well as can be expected for a hermit ... haven't been out much this winter because of the snow and ice (I'm always fearful of a fall, now ... doc says this is normal).  

Of course I love your "new" nic ... although I've often thought of you as LTT, anyway.  

We're planning an early trip the first of April to Florida ... just to get out of Dodge.  My GD is moving to stay with her father in Florida for a while ... she was having a rough time in Texas alone and away from family.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

@SoX 

@LTT1 

@Snicks1 

@house_cat 

@gmkb has not posted/hearted since 2/9.  I hope it's because the notifications were down and the boards were wonky.

Gerri, we're thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@SoX   When I first met my now deceased ob/gyn I was a little surprised because he was in my eyes, my ears, my throat.  He started from my head to my toe - checking reflexes and the whole 9 yards.  He said he treated patients head to toe.  That's how it started with him. 

When he retired and I had an issue I called the office to see the younger guy he brought in, who did my hysterectomy (didn't know at the time as I was unconscious).  This guy wasn't sure if something jumped off from that surgery so he checked me out and referred me to a GI guy.  I asked him if he treated patients head to toe too.  He said yea.

I have a great relationship with him.  He's only a couple of years younger than me so God willing we'll grow old together, lol.  He's interested in how I feel, body mind and spirit.  It's not just bloodwork with him.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I check for Gerri's activity often.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Bird mama 

@SoX 

@LTT1 

@Snicks1 

@house_cat 

@gmkb has not posted/hearted since 2/9.  I hope it's because the notifications were down and the boards were wonky.

Gerri, we're thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!Cat Happy

I've been looking for a post from her all this week, but nothing.  Then I remembered she said she would only post on this weekly AMS chat.   So far, nothing today ...

Honored Contributor

Hi, ladies.

I was up early enough, tuned in and saw a garden show. It never occurred to me to look for the thread anyway.  Duh.

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Hi, ladies.

I was up early enough, tuned in and saw a garden show. It never occurred to me to look for the thread anyway.  Duh.

@house_cat 

We're always here ... come hell or high water ... or rain or shine ...

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I bought this for my kitchen.  I have a thing for kitsch.

I think it'll be great for sunny summertime, plus there's red, white, and blue, too!

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 08.40.38.png

@Sweetbay magnolia 

I love it. Where did you get it?

~ house cat ~