Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, all ...

Bird, I have to tell you ... the story of your sisters sounds just like a "cozy" novel I read many years ago (LOL) ... can't remember the name for sh$t ... but three old ... uh, make that elderly ... sisters getting into all sorts of antics.   This just made my morning, so far!

Not doing too much today, been under the weather and still not much relief.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70, it sounds like you are ready for your very busy and love-filled week! You just have to trust that your mom will leave at the time that is perfect for her, it is so difficult to see them fading away . . . 

Wishing you wonderful times with your loved ones as your week unfolds. Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor
@Bird mama... so are you OK and did you get bruised from the inept vein-finder?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

I can relate.  I went to a paid PD ($50) after school until 6:30 on Wed.  While driving home on the highway, a *&%$ driving a truck whizzed by me at about 80 MPH. He kicked up something that sounded like a bullet hitting the windshield.  So, on Thursday after school, I spent double what I earned on Wednesday getting my windhield filled so that it didn't crack with the drastic temperature changes.  What a drag!

Respected Contributor

I'm fashionably late, as usual!  Hope all of you are well.  I can hardly believe it's Christmas next week!

I've been busy baking cookies.  I don't eat many of them myself, as I have to watch my sugar.  However, I bake cookies for others in my condo building, for relatives and friends.

I also was busy cooking and baking to stock my freezer (soup, Chicken Divan, meat loaf).

I'm meeting a friend for breakfast this morning.  We exchange small gifts.

I'm wishing you a happy Christmas and a great New Year!

Honored Contributor

@SoX

Somehow in my life, even though I am the baby in the family, I earned the title of the 'rock'.  The one who stays calm during a crisis.  When my husband died, the 'rock' fractured a little bit and I no longer had the title, which was fine to me.

I'd say I got a one or two year leave of absence as the 'rock' and then things shifted again.

To be fair, eldest sister did say, come by and pick me up and I'll go with you.

I told her I didn't think it was necessary.  She did offer though :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, that is so scary when rocks hit your windshield! I was driving to my office early one morning, my new little golden retriever baby on the seat next to me when we met a gravel truck, boom, I thought we had been shot. The gravel actually made a 2" hole in my window and landed up on the seat with some glass. Poor puppy, scared to death. The real bummer was that I had had the windshield replaced the week before! Glad you are OK!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

Well, one can't blame us for looking up voo-doo cures!  Some of these things I have to do for myself! (LOL)

@lolakimono 

That is just so awful... having to spend all of that dough on the WINDSHIELD!  Don't you hate those expenditures that you can't really show off and enjoy other's compliments?  

"HI, look at my BRAND NEW WINDSHIELD."

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Hon, it's not the nurses or phlebotomist's (sp?) fault.  My veins have been dodging medical people my entire life.  The Red Cross even rejected me as a blood donor.  The needles they need to draw out whole blood are too big for my veins.

As long as they use a little butterfly needle, they don't leave a mark.

I have no bruises this time around, thankfully.  She thought about going into my hand and I said, uh, no.  I told her, I am spending time with an infant and two toddlers this Christmas Eve and I won't be scaring them with black and blue hands.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

I'm fashionably late, as usual!  Hope all of you are well.  I can hardly believe it's Christmas next week!

I've been busy baking cookies.  I don't eat many of them myself, as I have to watch my sugar.  However, I bake cookies for others in my condo building, for relatives and friends.

I also was busy cooking and baking to stock my freezer (soup, Chicken Divan, meat loaf).

I'm meeting a friend for breakfast this morning.  We exchange small gifts.

I'm wishing you a happy Christmas and a great New Year!

Oh, please describe your Christmas cookies for me so I can enjoy them vicariously!  I was hoping someone would mention baking cookies!

What a nice idea... getting together for breakfast and exchanging gifts!