Trusted Contributor

@LTT1

There is now a Talbot's outlet in my area. I have been shopping there and they keep sending me $20 coupons!

The ladies in there know me, so it looks like I need to pay them a visit and pick up some new items!

Honored Contributor

Re: No AM STYLE Chat 12/19

[ Edited ]

I've been up since 6 am and didn't think to look for a chat.

Good Morning everyone.

My day started with voicemail messages from my eldest sister on the house phone and cell phone. 

My middle sister has to work a few hours this morning.  Apparently, middle sister accidentally dialed eldest sister on the phone as she was putting her phone in her bag this morning.  Since eldest sister was asleep when she heard the phone ring, she didn't make it to the phone in time to catch the call.  This resulted in a garbled voicemail message from middle sister that sounded like voices and a tussle or struggle, lol.

Middle sister has a tendency to put her phone on vibrate or silence (out of habit in the workplace) so eldest sister's return call to middle sister was left unanswered.

That results in automatic call to baby sister (me).  So I called eldest and said what's up?  Eldest tells me it sounds like middle sister was being mugged or something.  I don't know if something is wrong.

All I can say is thank God I sleep in yoga pants, a long sleeved tee and socks. 

I was wearing dearfoam bootie slippers with an outdoor sole on already that happened to coordinate with my winter coat, so I grabbed my hat, scarf, coat and pocketbook and snuck out of the house and drove to middle sister's house.  Eldest sister stayed on the phone with me. 

I found what I expected to find - nothing, but I still checked the doors and windows, which I am sure had any neighbor wondering if they were up that early.

Middle sister is fine and safe at work. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor
@flickerbulb... those coupons sound like a good deal! I had forgotten how well the clothing in Talbot's was made... the cotton has only a little bit of spandex so it keeps its shape but is still soft.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, I read that Hulda Clark book a few months ago. Her idea is that the root of all cancer is from isopropyl alcohol. I was going to go to Radio Shack, buy all the parts to have my brother build her contraption, and quickly learned all three of our RS stores had closed. There went that idea.  The concept is mind bending to say the least! You and I should live to be 400 based on all the cures we know! Haha!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

@Bird mama Wow I'm sorry you went through such drama. Glad sis is fine. What a way to start your weekend!

Honored Contributor

@Buttercups

Yea, that's what I was thinking too.  While I was out and after I determined all was well, lol. I tell my eldest (Anna) so, I need a cup of coffee, is there still a Comerica bank on such and such street?  She says yea, so I pull into Comerica Bank's ATM to get some cash so I can go to Tim Horton's and grab a cup of coffee. I go through all the steps and the machine informs me that the dispenser is down and my transaction is cancelled.  I said, I'll be a sun of a pup!

Esteemed Contributor

I slept in today & just realized that there is NO AMS.  I hope that you all have a good time celebrating in your own way.  I have 14 people coming on the 24th for lunch.  Our DS will be flying in later that afternoon,  DH & I will be going to one of his brothers family for lunch on the 25th, & our DDIL will be flying to see all of us on the 26th.  Mom is failing rapidly this week & does not know us anymore.  She is so ready to meet dad again but it is hard for me because I want our DS & DDIL to also see her for one last time.  The house looks pretty & the shopping is done, so now I need to just sit back & wait for whatever happens.  We had a wonderful snow shower yesterday so the grass is white again.  DH & I enjoyed getting snowflakes on our noses yesterday while we were in the hot tub.  40's by tomorrow & next week so it is short lived.  I will check back later but now I need to shower, make breakfast, see mom & maybe have a little fun time in our downtown area.  Maybe a nice lunch out with DH & a nice much needed nap.  I go to bed so early that I wake up at 3:00 a.m. to start my day.  

Honored Contributor

On the bright side, since I forgot to turn off the exterior Christmas lights before bed, I finally got too see my house lit up as I was coming home this morning :-)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So I had the day off yesterday. 

After a 12 hour fast and drinking no less than 2 litres of water in a one hour period, I went to my doctor to have blood work done. 

Nothing like hearing, from two nurses no less, I got nothing - there's nothing there - in reference to veins anywhere near the bend of the arm. 

One nurse found a vein on my forearm, above my wrist. 

I think I need to start working out daily with hand weights because hydrating myself like I am prepping for a colonoscopy is not helping the veins.

NY resolution #1 - do something for my veins and future blood draws.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Worthwhile in order to get to see your own lights and how they would appear at night... although a crazy way for this to happen!  So glad your sister is fine... and that you could reassure the eldest! : )

@MaggieMack

Did not get to the part about the "contraption" but perhaps an electric charge machine will be invented... I did read about medical experimentation with blue lights and that perhaps they can aid in eliminating bacteria instead of overuse of antibiotics.

@twinny70

Having lots of people in may help to take your mind off (some) of your mom's condition.  I hope she gets another Christmas!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~