Honored Contributor

Two health-related items to share:

1) Have you ever used epsom-salt paste on zits or fever-blisters (very drying)... 

2) Have you ever heard of parasites and a book claiming that parasites in the body cause EVERY disease?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Oh, I feel so sorry for you for having THREE more days!

Our last day was Friday and it was a 1/2 day. Once the announcement was made to "Have a Nice Holiday", I was out of there!

All of the students were gone and here comes one of mine walking toward me on the way out trying to hand me homework due two weeks ago! You have GOT to be kidding!

I am literally walking towards the parking lot!

Honored Contributor
@flickerbulb... and didn't you want to say "Thank you, but the zeros still count."
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1

Oh, and I had one hand me his notebook that I graded on 11/9 and asked me to grade something that I graded BEFORE that!

Yesterday was the last day of the nine weeks. I always tell them "Don't come to me the last day with tears in your eyes wanting me to do something with your grade."

Yet they sit there the entire nine weeks trying to play with their phones or listen to music. Drives me crazy!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb

The scenario you describe sounds so familiar... playing with phones and listening to music... "hello... I'm talking here..."

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, Stylers! Wasn't sure if there was going to be a chat this morning . . .

This is how my week went. On Wednesday, my Sonic toothbrush died. On Thursday, my furnace wouldn't heat. Sounds worse than it was, I have a gas fireplace and ancillary infrared heaters. Got it fixed yesterday, needed a new circuit board. On Friday, four houses from mine, a car failed to yield and I hit her back end. Admittedly her fault. Luckily, air bag didn't deploy. Looked like damage that could be rubbed out, and it was. Thank you new auto body materials! Everything is either replaced or up and working today. Onward! 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

Good morning @capatosta and @Bird mama

Good morning all the other loves I've missed!

Off to breakfast... catch up later.

images-17.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Good Morning, Stylers! Wasn't sure if there was going to be a chat this morning . . .

This is how my week went. On Wednesday, my Sonic toothbrush died. On Thursday, my furnace wouldn't heat. Sounds worse than it was, I have a gas fireplace and ancillary infrared heaters. Got it fixed yesterday, needed a new circuit board. On Friday, four houses from mine, a car failed to yield and I hit her back end. Admittedly her fault. Luckily, air bag didn't deploy. Looked like damage that could be rubbed out, and it was. Thank you new auto body materials! Everything is either replaced or up and working today. Onward! 

@MaggieMack  I couldn't survive in your cold temps!  Much less deal with all of this!

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, re the parasite thing. I read extensively about it about 15 years ago, and did like a three-month parasite clearing regimen. A RN joined my on the journey. Oh, the discussions we had about certain body functions! Woman LOL  Not sure I buy into the concept that parasites are the source of all ills, but it can't hurt to clean them out. Living around dogs and cats full time since then, I'm sure I have more!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

Hulda Clark "The Cure for all Diseases."  Oh, my... 

All I was trying to do was look up "how do I dissolve epsom salts" and this came up!