Honored Contributor

Re: Nicole Kidman wearing light lilac dress

@MickD, how astute you are.  I often like what she wears, but the pretty lilac to me seemed a bit "off" on her.  (And I'm one who loves all shades of lavender/purple.)

As a natural redhead, she could very well be a Spring, and therefore might glow in warmer-based colors.  I've seen her in pastel yellow looking great, light greens, and I bet she'd wow also in coral.

Honored Contributor

Yes, that's the dress in the photo!  I was able to view only the top/bodice in the Vogue newsletter.  The entire dress is very feminine, Spring. ( I'm not fond of purple, but light lilac has always appealed to me. )  I wouldn't mind having a few new light lilac tops/sweaters in the Spring, Summer. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Oznell She is so stunningly gorgeous!  I am a spring but not as fair as she is ....I have strawberry blonde hair.....we're a tough crowd to find great color!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Not a good look on her.  I think she dresses too young for her age sometimes.  

Honored Contributor

Nicole’s coloring is a Summer.  Her skin color is cool, almost porcelain like. If she had warm skin tones, she would be a Spring.

Lilac is a perfect color for those who are considered true “ summers.”  

Honored Contributor

I don't find the dress juvenile it is demure and it's refreshing to see someone who doesn't feel like they have to display all of their assets, all the time

Honored Contributor

I agree that it's refreshing. The female body is beautiful, but leaving things a mystery is beautiful too. This dress is feminine and pretty.

She's a beautiful 50 year old woman who wants to look stylish and look her best. I don't think at all that she dresses "too young". It's her personal choice. Every woman should just do what makes her happy, life is too short.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

This is not my favorite look on her, but she still looks beautiful.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

O/T one of my friends lives in Franklin.  Nicole has a house there or in Brentwood, TN.  They were once at a Starbucks with her (they just saw her-they don't know her), and Nicole ordered "froth". (milk froth) at the Starbucks.  I've never heard of just ordering froth, lol.    Has anyone else?

From what my friend said, Nicole goes often to this particular Starbucks.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I like the color, but do not care for the style. I would like a shorter dress and different sleeves.