Honored Contributor

Re: Nicole Kidman super cute @ French Open!

Why was Nicole Kidman presenting the trophy at the French Open?

Is she a spokesperson for LV?

Valued Contributor

@dex wrote:

Wow I just looked at the picture and thought how naturally beautiful she looked and then I continued reading....now I am looking for frozen smiles and a wig not placed well.

I just wish people wouldn't be so quick to point out flaws and imperfections!!  We all have them!! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

lulu2 wrote

Why was Nicole Kidman presenting the trophy at the French Ope

perhaps!! not too sure why or who the guy is Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Why was Nicole Kidman presenting the trophy at the French Open?

I assume they asked her.  Here:

4 days ago - CHARM OFFENSIVE: Louis Vuitton has tapped two high-profile ambassadors to deliver the winner's trophies at the Roland-Garros tennis.....

Louis Vuitton Taps Nicole Kidman, Alexander Skarsgård to Deliver Tennis Trophies

Respected Contributor

i think nicole is gorgeous no matter what.  botox or not, what difference does it make.   

Valued Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i think nicole is gorgeous no matter what.  botox or not, what difference does it make.   

I totally agree!!  Thank you! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 7.37.45 PM.png

Other than the exaggerated cuffs, I do not see anything particularly special about NK's outfit. A white dress or blouse and skirt with a navy blazer is worn by summer event hostesses and ushers all the time.

I loved her red curly hair, but obviously she prefers her hair blond and straight

Honored Contributor

She looked great. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm in the "aging gracefully" and not the "faux face" camp.

You can't fool Mother Nature as that old margarine commercial went.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pearley, I am pretty much in your corner, too, on the aging gracefully, but I tend to be lenient -- up to a point -- with those in professions where good looks are critical to personal success.

Of course, you could argue that some of the "improvements" make the individual look absurd, not better looking, and I agree.   There is a safe point for corrections (with a skilled and talented surgeon), but I think folks become addicted and try to maintain their characteristic look too long.  Two individuals come to mind.  Raquel Welch and Jaclyn Smith did some minor work years ago and looked stunningly beautiful.  You rooted for them!  But each, to my mind, has now gone a wee bit too far and artificiality has raised its not-so-pretty head.   Didn't Jackie Kennedy Onassis say that a woman can get one facelift in her lifetime -- in her 60s.  After that, stick with what transitions befall you.  I figured she knew what she was talking about because she ran with the rich ones who did these things for years before the masses began taking on such ways.

Long ago, I made a decision not to go to nips and tucks.  I noticed two actresses who were contemporaries, I think, and one looked so lovely and sweet -- but the other looked frightening, truly horrific.  Who were they?  Helen Hayes and Gloria Swanson.  I made the decision to go with the Helen Hayes crowd.  I am not thrilled by all the things my face has decided to do as it ages, but, as the saying goes, it is what it is, and I am what I am.