Respected Contributor

A leading role in HBO drama Big Little Lies gave her warm, welcome and well received return to television after almost four decades of cinematic success.

And Nicole Kidman’s easy transition to the small screen is in no small part responsible for her unveiling as one of ELLE's illustrious 2019 Women in Hollywood.

The Australian actress joins an array of empowered female high-achievers – among them Margot Robbie, Scarlett Johansson and Gwyneth Paltrow – for a glamorous new shoot following a productive year, during which she won a new legion of fans thanks to her role as Celeste Wright.

Tailcoat, shirt, pants, cummerbund, all, Ralph Lauren Collection. Ring, Cartier. Loafers, Chanel.              

ELM110119_148

Plunging top, underpinning and veil, all from Dior Haute Couture.

Stunning: The actress wears a black veil and plunging dress while posing in a cover shoot for the magazine's November edition, during which she reflects on her role in Big Little Lies

Read all about it: The full interview is available in the November 2019 issue of Elle

A vision in black: The star exudes old school Hollywood glamour in a plunging top, underpinning and veil, all from Dior Haute Couture in another shot from the new shoot

Dress, jacket, both Valentino Haute Couture. Earrings, De Beers. Ring, Chopard. Pumps, Christian Louboutin.

Tasteful: A sheer floral dress and jacket, both from Valentino Haute Couture, and Christian Louboutin pumps were worn by Nicole during the Elle shoot

Respected Contributor

Re: Nicole Kidman in Elle

[ Edited ]

ELLE November 2019 Issue: Women in Hollywood

Tops by Armani Privé.

Draped coat, dress, both Giambattista Valli Haute Couture. Jewelry, Van Cleef & Arpels. Pumps, Gianvito Rossi.

Dress, Miu Miu. Earrings, rings, Bulgari. Pumps, Aquazzura.

ELM110119_155

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding Nicole Kidman: I don't want her clothes. I don't want her hair. I don't want her lifestyle. But I WANT HER SHOES. Both pairs in the pictures but especially the last ones. Don't even know where I'd wear them. Don't care.

Tasteful: A sheer floral dress and jacket, both from Valentino Haute Couture, and Christian Louboutin pumps were worn by Nicole during the Elle shoot

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding NK:

I dislike the messy hair and unbuttoned blouse in the first photo. If her hair was neater and a few more buttons fastened, I would love that look. 

She looks severe and harsh in the second look with netting over her face. Not a fan. 

Even though I don’t like the dress, the last look is softer and most the beautiful one of the 3. JMO 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dress by Ralph Lauren Collection.

Dress, Ralph Lauren Collection. Earrings, Tiffany & Co.

Dress, Givenchy, $5,480. Bracelets, from $3,950,ring, $1,140, all, Bulgari

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Turner-Smith wears bra top, pants by Louis Vuitton. Hoop earrings by Panconesi by Marco Panconesi. Ring (index finger) by Cartier. Ring by Bulgari. Matsoukas wears jacket, gilet, trousers all by Louis Vuitton Men’s. Hoop earrings by Tiffany & Co. Ear pin, ring, by KatKim Fine Jewelry, Her own thumb ring. Waithe wears jacket, shirt, pants, brooch, all by Dior Men.

Turner-Smith wears jackets and jeans by Chanel. Slingbacks, Christian Louboutin. Matsoukas wears jacket and pants by Kenzo. Corset, Orseund Iris. Boots, Dries Van Noten. Waithe wears blazer and custom pants by Pyer Moss.

Jacket, Balmain. Ear cuff, Ana Khouri. Earring (right), Panconesi by Marco Panconesi. Rings, both, Cartier, each. Her own necklace.

ELM110119_014_014

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

Turner-Smith wears jackets and jeans by Chanel. Slingbacks, Christian Louboutin. Matsoukas wears jacket and pants by Kenzo. Corset, Orseund Iris. Boots, Dries Van Noten. Waithe wears blazer and custom pants by Pyer Moss.

Not one thing feminine or appealing about any of these three Women in Hollywood!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gown, Valentino. Earrings, rings, from $5,700, all, Cartier. Her own wedding rings.

Dress, Louis Vuitton. Earrings, $2,800, rings, from $875, all, Tiffany & Co.

Top, pants, both, Rodarte. Hoop earrings, $4,400, ring, $6,900, all, Tiffany & Co.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Dress, Ralph Lauren Collection. Earrings, Tiffany & Co.

Dress, Givenchy, $5,480. Bracelets, from $3,950,ring, $1,140, all, Bulgari

The first shot in the yellow dress is very lovely and flattering to SJ; the other two shots are very unflattering!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma wrote:

Regarding NK:

I dislike the messy hair and unbuttoned blouse in the first photo. If her hair was neater and a few more buttons fastened, I would love that look. 

She looks severe and harsh in the second look with netting over her face. Not a fan. 

Even though I don’t like the dress, the last look is softer and most the beautiful one of the 3. JMO 

@wilma   Completely agree with your assessment of each NK photo!