Honored Contributor

Re: Nice Tee Shirts for the Price

@MoJoV wrote:

This particular brand of Walmart teeshirts (Tried and True) hasn't been good for me.  First one I bought the entire side seam was unsewn,I didnt notice when I bought it.  Two others were weirdly sized,one arm tighter than the other,another was somehow twisted. Glad the OP had a good experience.  I usually like Walmart tops,not these.  I have their White Stag brand from years ago that are still really nice.

@MoJoV   I used to buy White Stag in my youth and that was, at the time, a very high-end brand. When it came to Walmart, I purchased and though it was not high-end, it was very good quality and very nice design.  Wish I could find nice clothing like that for the same prices again.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I was at Walmart yesterday and found some very nice tee shirts for the price.  I just do not wear my nicer,  more expensive clothes around the house when I am cleaning and cooking as I have ruined things in the past.  I bought 4 of these tees and am very happy with them.  

They have a nice weight to them and a nice detail around the neck.  I wear a medium or a large in tops as I am busty. I think these may run a bit small and the large fit me very well.

Time and True Scoop Neck Elbow Sleeve Tee

The online price is $9.88 but in my store they were only $6.96.

6F96B77E-15A3-49A6-90CE-0E6856B1378D.jpeg

This is a nice tee shirt.  Walmart has stepped game up.  Last summer I purchased embroidered denim capris.  Very comfortable and cute.  Under 20.00.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, several of their items are fine, for my life style.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Thanks, I'll have to look for these.  I also like the Sonoma Essential tee from Kohl's.  It comes in long and short sleeve, v or crew neck and solids or patterns.  Long sleeve on sale today for $7.99

Frequent Contributor

Thanks  so much for the information.   I need some white tee shirts and love the elbow sleeves and also the 'smile' at the hemline.   I would rather buy an inexpensive tee shirt and if it is worn out by the end of summer I can easily afford to replace it at this store. Paying a high price for something like this does not guarantee a better qualilty.  I like the 'helpful hints' that I found in these forums.   Keep them coming!

Spoiler

Frequent Contributor

Elbow length tee's are hard for me to find. I will check Walmart out and Kohls also. Thanks ladies!

Honored Contributor

@4kitties   What is the material?  Curious as far as shrinkage.  

Respected Contributor

I buy the Time & Tru short sleeved V-neck tees (used to be available under the Faded Glory brand) & I get them about 3 sizes larger than what I normally wear in regular clothes & I use them as PJ tops.  They wash well & are very comfy to sleep in & the price can't be beat.  I think they're about $4 or $5 per shirt  & I wear them with PJ shorts, capris & long pants, depending on the time of the year.  I also have a few long sleeved ones for when it's chilly.

Honored Contributor

People can say what they want about Walmart ... but ...

In March, 2009, I had to go down to WV - spur of the moment and grabbed a few things and got on Amtrak.  Was only going to be there for a few days.

Weather was warmer than expected so I stopped in the local Walmart for a t-shirt ...

I0 years later ... still wearing it - but now as a sleep-t-shirt.  

Respected Contributor

I have been away for a bit so just now getting back to the boards!

@SeaMaiden  The ones I bought are 100% cotton.  Not sure if all of the colorsand prints are.   I got the white, the peach and the olive color.  I have not yet washed them as it is still cold where I am so I have not worn them yet.

I too loved the White Stag brand.  Wished they still carried it.  I have a few of those tees that I have had for years and they are still very nice!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward