Honored Contributor

Re: Next Talbot's Deal (you may want to wait on this weekend's 30%)

This Talbots' deal starting Thursday just got even better, per a post card I received yesterday in the mail. There is a dragonfly pin gift with purchase - no minimum amount of purchased required - Thursday only as long as supplies last.

So...today I was going there anyway to put the painterly striped top (see earlier on this thread) on hold for me til Thursday when i'll buy it at 3X the points.   I told the saleslady why I wanted to hold it until Thursday  - for the points and also the GWP and the nice clerk showed me the dragonfly pin (it's lovely!  a winner!) and put one on hold for me with my painterly striped top, so I'll be sure to get one and don't have to be there when the store opens to be sure I get one.  It's silvertone.  There is a picture of it on the post card I got and I think it's even nicer in person.

The saleslady thought this was one of the best ever GWP (and she's been there a long time) and I agree.  And no minimum purchase required to get it!  That rarely happens.   Heart Talbots!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee - I got the postcard also and plan to be at the store nearest my house early Thursday morning.  Still hoping the add some new arrivals before then. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

does anyone own the scallop trim v neck sweater? how is the material......want something on the relatively thin side. this looks like something i could use in every color.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

does anyone own the scallop trim v neck sweater? how is the material......want something on the relatively thin side. this looks like something i could use in every color.

@sunshine45 - I don’t, but I just took a look and I think it’s going to be that really heavy knit. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45  Is the sweater you are referring to short sleeved?  If so, I do have that one in a hot pink color. The material is not thick at all.. HTH 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45  Is the sweater you are referring to short sleeved?  If so, I do have that one in a hot pink color. The material is not thick at all.. HTH 😊

not quite short sleeved.....closer to the elbow.

thanks @BExplorer !

https://www.talbots.com/dw/image/v2/BCMM_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-catalog-talbots/default/dwf416db05/images/191121071/191121071_3822.jpg?sw=2000&sh=2000&sm=cut&sfrm=jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

That's it, @sunshine45 !  There is some weight to the sweater, but I don't consider it thick. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Personally, I am not a fan of scallop edge.  I think it is aging (i.e. matronly looking) and I'm in my mid-60s!   No offense to anyone, it simply doesn't appeal to me but everyone's tastes are different.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

not quite short sleeved.....closer to the elbow.

thanks @BExplorer !

https://www.talbots.com/dw/image/v2/BCMM_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-catalog-talbots/default/dwf416db05/images/191121071/191121071_3822.jpg?sw=2000&sh=2000&sm=cut&sfrm=jpg

@sunshine45, it's a flattering color. If you go for it, I hope that you enjoy it. It's looks like spring/summer. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I should add to my earlier post that the scallop edging looks very slight (not too exaggerated) and IMO definitely looks better on this V-neckline than it does on some "straight across" necklines I've seen it on other T tops this year.