Esteemed Contributor

Re: Newest colors for Fall: Fashion world already setting color trends.

Some of those shades are very pretty, but they don't say "autumn" to me, and certainly not winter.  I prefer the jewel tones and bolder colors for the cooler months.  

Respected Contributor

I agree with the previous poster. Very nice, but I prefer darker hues of colors to go with black and dark brown of fall/winter. 

Respected Contributor

I like some of the colors, but I stick to what looks good for my skin tone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

I just wanted to add that I am thrilled browns are back.

I like the browns too, but I can't wear those pastels Smiley Sad

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

I thought I heard several of the hosts talk about "merlot" shades as the hot color for fall/winter.. 

Now I like that Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I am leaing toward grays - charcoal, light, whatever.  I am not much of a pastel person but I do like lavender and it looks great with gray.  I also like certain greens with gray because it's not expected.  I never wanted to look like everyone else and it has stuck with me in my senior years!  It's always good to try and look your best wearing a little makeup especially lipstick but not that wet look at least not for me!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

No soft colors for me, or pastels.  I won't even buy my underwear in pastels.  I am not fond of the new fashion, so I am digging out my old clothes.  I sorted my closet when we remodeled.  I got rid of 3/4 of my clothes and am liking what I pared down to.

I am fond of the teals, jades, dk greens, deep blues for Fall and winter, OH and Black.  Most of my basics are black or brown with some charcoal.

Honored Contributor

OH maybe this year I can replace that long ivory colored wool wrap coat I LOVED!  I'll be on the lookout!  THANKS for posting this.  I thought I simply looked FINE in that coat!  I don't have it not because the moths loved it as much as I did one summer in storage.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I love winter pales but I have to say some of these would be difficult to wear; I personally look better in richer, more jewel tones.

I agree. I need rich colors or I look washed out.

Honored Contributor

While these are very pretty colors, I am another who prefers, and looks better in deeper, jewel toned shades.
"To each their own, in all things".