Honored Contributor

Newest Talbots Deal Going On Now

25% off one full priced item.  Now through 1/30.

I got an email about this and also there's an insert card in the newest catalog I received yesterday (code needed it seems).  @gidgetgh  The polka dot sweater is in the newest catalog and it's very cute and there's a shell I think it was to go with it.  

However, 25% off is never a big enough discount for me to buy at retail price.

Honored Contributor

Re: Newest Talbots Deal Going On Now

@Pearlee wrote:

25% off one full priced item.  Now through 1/30.

I got an email about this and also there's an insert card in the newest catalog I received yesterday (code needed it seems).  @gidgetgh  The polka dot sweater is in the newest catalog and it's very cute and there's a shell I think it was to go with it.  

However, 25% off is never a big enough discount for me to buy at retail price.

@Pearlee- I caved and finally ordered it. It had disappeared off their site for several days and is finally back on there. I ordered it this morning. I didn’t get the shell. I wear all my cardigans by themselves, closed of course!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Did you use the 25% off?

Honored Contributor

I went to Talbots today and got the tiny houndstooth check jacket and  a navy blue skirt. They make a good suit, and the skirt goes with both of my other jackets. This jacket is  a knit ,and can be worn a lot of the warmer months, unlike the other 2 that are wool

I spend $78  for the 2 together.. They are getting in a lot of spring stuff ,but they don't have the sweater I am interested in, yet

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  Did you use the 25% off?

@Pearlee- yep and used two gift cards and just paid a small amount out of pocket. 

Respected Contributor

Prices are creeping up. That's what you can expect from companies that always have discount promotions. I still love T., just a careful shopper. 

Trusted Contributor

I got an email today saying 25% off one or 40% off two or more regular priced items.  The website says the same.  

Honored Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

I got an email today saying 25% off one or 40% off two or more regular priced items.  The website says the same.  

@Tori3569, this morning I received an e-mail announcing that the offer was 25% percent off one regular-price item -- no mention of anything else. When I went to the site, I saw the same banner.

I looked just now after reading your post and saw absolutely nothing about ANY discount.

Weird.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I know I can’t put a link here, but can I post a screenshot of the email?  I just looked at it again and it is both.   Wonder if I got that one because I was browsing the site on Friday but didn’t buy anything.  

Honored Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

I know I can’t put a link here, but can I post a screenshot of the email?  I just looked at it again and it is both.   Wonder if I got that one because I was browsing the site on Friday but didn’t buy anything.  

@Tori3569- I don't think I'd do that.  Probably would get poofed.  Also, the email would contain the coupon code and we're not allowed to post that.