Honored Contributor

Re: Newer designers don't hold a candle to...

[ Edited ]

From what I saw of C Wonder today, it looked like wrinkled Denim & Co.  I've been extremely disappointed in Halston.  I've never seen so many drab, shapeless styles (if you could call them that).  I think Isaac is now a salesman, not a designer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't like some of them.  Halston is OK sometimes, other times he/they are dull.  Isaac really doesn't design (not for QVC)  He might design for actual private clients. Technically they are not designers (except for Graver who actually wears her own designed clothing) Denim & Co is made by a group, Stylist Logo designer also works with a group. Same with the One World stuff at Evine.  At least I heard the name Halston.  I never heard of Susan Graver but for QVC.  I miss Vince Camuto so much.  He did have control of his designs. 

Esteemed Contributor

I liked GS as a person and he was very knowledgeable re the history of fashion but his clothing was dated.  I don't like all of the newer designers all of the time but have purchased items from most.  I do like IM as the quality has been consistent for me.  I purchased a couple of blouses years ago that were GS but wouldn't wear them now.  

Respected Contributor

I  hope they bring George back.  I didn't consistenly buy from his line but he always had a different perspective in his designs.  I do have several of his jackets and coat and blouses that he designed and sold on the Q from years ago.  They are beautiful, classic, the fabrics are gorgeous and great designs & they don't go out of style.  

You're right about C Wonder.  

As for H by Halston, I like the guy who presents the clothing but I don't think the fabrics used match the designs.  

I followed up on a suggestion by someone and checked out Neiman Marcus online.  I was surprised to find that most of the blouses were made of SILK not polyester.   Years ago, Q  had a variety of designers that used silk in their clothing (like Bob Mackie and and they even had a brand of clothing called Silk Lore that was washable).  Polyester is OK but there's something about silk (of course the dry cleaning bill).  But in the  summertime heat and humidity, silk is cooler, it's kind of like cotton, it breathes, polyester doesn't.  With all due respect to S Graver, I do like some of her clothing but . . .

Respected Contributor

The only clothing brands I like at QVC are LInea by Louis Dell OLio and Gili.  The rest are "Meh".

Super Contributor

Brad was speaking way too loudly into his mic and when he laughed.....ugh, way over the top and phony as heck. Also, his line looks like it's intrepreted for talls and not the height of an average woman.  

Honored Contributor

I absolutely can't stand what Halston is bringing to QVC  I haven't found anything that has intrigued me or anything that I don't consider "messy" looking..... and I'm just not interested in that other designer whatsoever.....  I know I'm not trendy, but I do like classic, tailored and timeless looking fashions.  If I want to look a little edgy I will put an interesting and different piece of jewelry with the fashion.

Yes, I think getting rid of George Simonton was a mistake.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*