Respected Contributor

I was pleasantly surprised to see a collection at Chicos designed by one of my favorite designers Marla Wynne.

I do not know if this is new or something that happens seasonally but in all my years shopping there I have not noticed this in the past.

Esteemed Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl , I got a coupon and a book of new styles in the mail from Chico's with Marla Wynn featured.  First for me also.  LM

Honored Contributor

Be careful ladies.  Look at seams and fiber content.  We just had an associate come back from working there because, she said, "quality".

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG , are you talking  about Chicos or Marla Wynne ?

Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@Silver Fox1 She said Chicos.   I tried to work there about 5 years ago and couldn't get hours.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New to me at Chicos

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@Silver Fox1 She said Chicos.   I tried to work there about 5 years ago and couldn't get hours.

Thanks @ECBG, I never have shopped there, I've looked but I really never cared for their things.   Marla Wynne however I do like, not all her designs but alot of them..  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG :  I'm a long time Chicos shopper and I'm  "Quality Nut"; I look over items before I buy and have never had quality or fit issues.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@ECBG :  I'm a long time Chicos shopper and I'm  "Quality Nut"; I look over items before I buy and have never had quality or fit issues.

While I too appreciate quality pieces and I have not had any real problems with Chico's I shop them more for the style than quality.

These mass retailers like Chico's, Talbot, White House Black Market are known for affordable style, not investment pieces.

Recently I had the sleeve start to fall off a Talbot jacket, the last thing I bought in WHBM; I was sitting in a meeting and the buttons started to fall off my brand new cardigan- embarrassing!.  It's a gamble as most people are shopping for NOW not long-term.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@patbz  @ECBG   In the last 2-3 years, I have noticed some quality issues, just like with Eileen Fisher, but not as bad and not as expensive as EF.  I am careful what I buy and after buying a couple poor quality items at Chico's, I am more discerning and after getting stuck with several-hundred dollars of poor quality from EF, NO MORE.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl OH my!  I can't IMAGINE how embarrassed you were in that meeting losing buttons!  Inexcusable!!!