Contributor

I like Alberti, but I don't get him selling handbags or clothing. He's not a desiger like Bruce or Isaac. QVC has wonderful female hosts and I am not buying a handbag from a man...what does he know about using a purse. Somebody please explain it to me?

Respected Contributor

I'm up late tonight and have never seen this host. He seems very polished and is doing a nice job--he's talking about the bags as well as the female hosts. If I like a purse, I don't care who's presenting it. I have enough purse experience to know what will work for me, lol. I remember once when one of the male hosts had to fill in for a sick host and do a lingerie show. That was entertaining.

Respected Contributor

Why do you need someone to explain this to you? A male host selling women's items doesn't bother me in the least as long as he is knowledgeable and pleasant. He doesn't need to be a designer. Rick does a lovely job selling jewelry. What's the difference? There are several QVC hosts that I won't watch no matter what they are selling.

Respected Contributor

I bought my first piece of jewelry from Jeff H when he was here, long time ago and he presented jewelry very well and was very well informed. As long as they are informed and know what they are talking about I don't care who presents what.

Honored Contributor

What does being a man have to do with anything? LOL

Contributor
I love him! Love him! Love him! Yay, Q!
Esteemed Contributor

Thousands of men sell women's clothes, shoes, handbags, jewelry, accessories, and cosmetics everyday in some of the best stores in the world. What's wrong with a male salesperson doing the same on TV?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

If I may add my favorite Lancome salesperson in the Chicago area is a man. He's so good at his job I often go out of my way to get to his counter to make a Lancome purchase-- and definitely to explore new products.

Esteemed Contributor

nice guy..well spoken...just talks too much....I happen to be interested in one of the bags...but he chose to go on and on and on about colors...where to use the bag....how to hold the bag....etc etc.......and we never got to see the entire bag...I went to the video to see if I missed something...nope....still not an entire look around the bag...I went back to sleep...

as to him selling bags...I have no problem who sells what...male or female...as long as they know their product.....and I like there is another male host...we have so many females....

Regular Contributor

I really like him. That said it is probably the kiss of death. All the males I likes are gone.

Anyway I really enjoy that he seems totally relaxed selling handbags or whatever. Now to those who object I remember way back when it was said a woman could never be a news anchor, just because she was a woman. Sexist? Yes. We need to learn from the past.

Honored Contributor

Selling hand bags is one thing. A man selling panties and bras on TV.....well that's...weird (to me anyway) Come to think of it, I've never seen that on QVC. That guy named Green on HSN sells a lot of stuff, but I don't think I've seen him sell that.