Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen

I agree.  We were going out of town last weekend and when I got in my husband's car I said "Oh your car still has that new leather smell".  (He bought the car last year).  Actually, he had just put in a new air freshener called "New Car".  LOL

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@NycVixen

I agree.  We were going out of town last weekend and when I got in my husband's car I said "Oh your car still has that new leather smell".  (He bought the car last year).  Actually, he had just put in a new air freshener called "New Car".  LOL

@magicmoodz  LOL. What brand is the air freshener? I want to buy if for my house!! Whenever I buy a new leather bag or jacket I hang it in font of my armoire for a while and take a sniff when I walk by!!! LOL. I know it sounds crazy but it makes me happy!! LOL

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@NycVixen

@magicmoodz  LOL. What brand is the air freshener? I want to buy if for my house!! Whenever I buy a new leather bag or jacket I hang it in font of my armoire for a while and take a sniff when I walk by!!! LOL. I know it sounds crazy but it makes me happy!! LOL

@NycVixen  He was in the market for an air freshener I have in my car that clips to the air vent and smells really good, but couldn't find it so I think he just purchased one of these little trees:

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@NycVixen

@NycVixen  He was in the market for an air freshener I have in my car that clips to the air vent and smells really good, but couldn't find it so I think he just purchased one of these little trees:

@magicmoodz  Thanks!! I'm going to buy at least 100 and place one in every bag I own and hang it all over my house!!!! LOL. That's heaven right there.

If anyone doubts the power of leather check out Mackelmore's video and song "Downtown". The chorus is an ode to leather. It's amazing. The video is epic.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New leather smell

[ Edited ]

@NycVixen wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@NycVixen

@magicmoodz  Thanks!! I'm going to buy at least 100 and place one in every bag I own and hang it all over my house!!!! LOL. That's heaven right there.

If anyone doubts the power of leather check out Mackelmore's video and song "Downtown". The chorus is an ode to leather. It's amazing. The video is epic.

@NycVixen wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@NycVixen

@NycVixen  Well, maybe you should purchase just 1 to make sure you like it before buying out the store! LOL

Ok, I am going to check out Macklemore's video.  I really like him!  

Super Contributor

You ladies are cracking me up with your new leather smell car fresheners! Thanks for all the suggestions -- it is not that I don't like the smell and appreciate it means good qulity versus poor, I'm just sensitive to smells so need it to disappate sooner than later. I'm trying a few things and we'll see how it works. It really is a lovely jacket and I hate to return but can't keep something I can't wear.

Super Contributor

Good thing it's actually a leather smell and not the "pleather" because from my experience, it doesn't go away.   I ordered a Tig bag and I loved the size and style.  The only problem was that it wasn't all leather and the faux parts smelled horrid and I couldn't get rid of the stench no matter what I did.  Even leaving it outside for days at a time didn't help.