Frequent Contributor

Still in Portugal for the winter, but keeping tabs on all things Linea from here. Louis has justed posted the new skirt and tank pictures. Could someone help in giving me an idea where a 35" skirt length would fall on a 5ft 4'' me. I do not have access to a measuring tape or my closet at home.

Thanks Carol

Honored Contributor

Re: New jersey skirt and tank

Do you have a letter sized piece of paper available? That's 11"".Take that and tape together 3 pieces. This will give you 33"". Add 2"" about the length of the first part of your thumb measuring from the nail tip to knuckle. That will give you 35"" Lay the paper of course at your natural waist. Ask someone where the bottom of the paper falls on you.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

And you can shorten it, too---I have to shorten most of my hems and all my long sleeves---fact of life for us "shorties". I'm the about the same height and I would likely shorten it or perhaps order two, as Louis' suggested, and have a Long and a Shorter---I'll think about that. This skirt is supposed to be long and flowing, so I would just shorten it to the correct proportion for me---not knee length.

Enjoy your time in Portugal!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I just adore the neckline on the tank, too! I think may be a top that requires duplicates---it's forever tank!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

The tank is available for ordering.

Regular Contributor

On 2/26/2014 LDOlvr said:

The tank is available for ordering.

A rhetorical question, really, only born from frustration w/Q web production: Why do they do that -- not posting items that go together? I was ready to buy when the tanks were posted but didn't since there didn't appear to be something hooked up with it... until LDO's blog showed the whole outfit did I know what was going to match it. Sigh

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the idea of how to measure. We are in a very isolated little village on an island, so I am going to tear up a Magazine I brought and use duck tape and make me a measure..

Thx Carol

Contributor

Hi

If you know your inseam in pants and how long between waist and top of thigh that will give you a good feel as well. I am 5'0"" but all leg so my inseam is 28.5/29 for pants with 1"" heel. For me the 35"" length skirt would be on the floor and I would personally shorten it to just below my calf for it to look good on me. The long skirt length that I typically like would be in the 30-32"" length.

Hope that helps.

Not sure I will be able to order this round as I will be on a plane at midnight EST. I will have to see once I land what is still available for order.

Laura

Trusted Contributor

A 35" skirt would translate to about a 23" inseam on pants. You need to take into account the "rise" on a pair of pants to compare the two. 11-12" is the typical rise on pants that are at the waist.

I'm 5'7" and typically wear a 32-34" inseam. On me, this skirt will be 8-10" above the floor, depend on shoes. That's well above the ankle.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your help. We come here with a 24 inch suitcase and I loose all sense of fashion while we are here. Love it though it is a different way of life, have kept up to date the last 3 months thanks to technology. I will have many packages to go through when we arrive home in a months time all Linea. Positive NO SNOW..