Honored Contributor

It's not just "not willing" to pay the prices, it's not able as well. Some people simply aren't able. 

I could go into credit card debt to wear only premium jeans made in the US, but I'm not willing to do that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

New jean companies are popping up like dandelions in May.  Scarcely a week goes by that we don't hear of a new one.  I wonder how many will be around in 5 years?  I'll take mine with a little elastic.

Most of the new ones are premium jeans made in the USA.  The most successful ones happen to be British companies with factories in te U.S.A. Rag & Bone, Frame, 3X1 etc. All are thriving. Part of the reason is the tariffs that are now put on cheap labor jeans.  The prices are rising.  Plus people are tired of fast fashion.  They want more quality in the clothes. USA jeans have always been expensive.  You are paying for highly skilled labor in unions. The average USA made jean is in the $200.00 mark.  I'm willing to pay the price, although I watch for the sales.  Most viewers of QVC are not willing to pay the prices.  So just be warned that the overseas cheap labor you are buying will continue to rise in price.  

@songbird, just because the jeans that I wear are imported does not mean they are necessarily "fast fashion," which btw has no one decided definition.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland