Honored Contributor

New iteration of the “bow” blouse

It is appearing in two places I can find, so far.

A TV show "Madame Secretary" shows Tea Leone wearing it as a feminine, yet business-powerful version.

84891B80-F489-40D7-A6F9-E490EFDC79B9.jpeg

in deep navy.

Alexandra O'casio Cortez spoke with Mark Zuckerberg and was televised wearing the version and she wore it in both black and white.

89464A3A-EA1D-46D5-B4E8-3D952A0109B1.jpeg

And here is one from J Crew worn as seen called the "drapey tie blouse":

10DE5106-30DF-4954-B91D-8562A17C832F.png

what do you think?

In my opinion, it is a look that maintains a business-like look for women, without compromising their power positions. I'm so tired of seeing all the cleavages!

Almost like a "tie" for women.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Re: New iteration of the “bow” blouse

Love the blouse. 

Honored Contributor

I think it looks odd

Respected Contributor

I had a few of the bow blouses in my work wardrobe and business-suit ensembles many years ago. 

These days, the same effect is achieved with scarves (some of which cost more than a blouse with a bow).

I'd wear the bow blouse again.  It's very flattering in the right circumstances.  If it comes back in style, that's fine with me.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the look.  And definitely not at work.  I would be concerned that every time I bent over or twisted to the side that tie would swing forward or sideways, and I would be flashing cleavage.

i don't like clothing I have to constantly adjust.

Honored Contributor

Love a great bow blouse, so classic & classy. Ms Leone, oh excuse me, Madame President, wears her's very well.

I had a long sleeve white one in my working days. Mine buttoned to the neck, I wrapped the ties around the back of my neck and to the front then had a short tie at the neckline. Another nice way to wear this classic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD @alicedee @novamc1 @cherry @Nbo 

I guess I am such a prude!

Would worry about bending and showing.

When I first saw the look, I thought that blouse look would be so lovely on her (the actress) on a date with her husband and in candlelight.

IDK blouses on me usually fall much lower in the "v" part than the designer intended.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Well for what it is worth I didn't even consider that @LTT1 . I have seen far prettier bow blouses

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 

What you are referring to is not the type of bow blouse that was worn a few decades ago.  Nothing revealing about them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD @alicedee @novamc1 @cherry @Nbo 

I guess I am such a prude!

Would worry about bending and showing.

When I first saw the look, I thought that blouse look would be so lovely on her (the actress) on a date with her husband and in candlelight.

IDK blouses on me usually fall much lower in then"v" part than the designer intended.

@LTT1   Even in a petite size, v necks and scoop necks are usually cut too low for me. If it's a sweater, I can do a cami or skinny tee underneath. This blouse is a little too "librarian looking" for me...uptight. 

Love a silky flowing shirt, but a little more tailored w/o the extras.