Esteemed Contributor

Re: New iteration of the “bow” blouse

This one does have a pretty Deep V but, overall, I like this look a million times over the traditional bow blouse.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Kind of I am a nerdy librarian with a 'hot' side. Like in the old movies the female lead would take the pin out of her hair with a shake and the glasses glasses came off. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Today's lunchtime specials has a Basso "bow blouse."   Red or black or some other blue/green color.  I got the red and the black.   Only around $13.  

Respected Contributor

It looks like the tie belt of the blouse is being used to tie around the neck....unappealing and looks like last-minute thought!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the way this look has changed.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I don't care for the way this look has changed.

@ECBG   The original style had a wider, softer scarf/bow.

Trusted Contributor

This look is so outdated and needs to be retired. This new version is even more unappealing than the original. It should go the way of power suits...women want easy, stylish and elegant clothes, not fussy blouses with annoying ties.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Then perhaps you think women should stop wearing scarves draped in various ways around their necks?  To me, the look is about the same whether  it's scarves or bow ties  attached to the garment.

I like the variability of  using scarves and would probably like a return to attached bow styles if they aren't overdone.

Don't care much for the stringy-looking  ties in  the photos posted here.  They remind me of the Western-style bolo ties that some men wear.

Honored Contributor

The tie is just an accessory....like a long necklace. 

Respected Contributor

I love it.