Respected Contributor

Re: New a Trendy Language

[ Edited ]

@151949wrote:

@chessyladywrote:

What speech impediment? She has a squeaky voice but no impediment I have noticed. The Sketchers vendor is the one I noticed with the silent t.

Are you sure it was QVC - I ask because HSN had a Sketcherso TSV a day or two ago, & the vendor was on a lot.

HSN had an Easy Spirit TS a few days ago. Is that what you're thinking of? They look a bit like Skechers.

Honored Contributor

@Pookwrote:

If I ever heard anyone pronouncing words like button and cotton and butter with a strong t sound, it would sound odd.  I can't remember ever hearing the full t sound with these words from anyone except from my grandmother who was from Italy and overpronounced many things.  It just seems like it would sound forced and not natural talking.   

Exactly; it's not a CT thing.

Respected Contributor

I'm more confused by "New a Trendy Language." I had to read it five times to try to decipher what it meant.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

I have personally heard that same pronunciation from several areas that are not shopping channels. Even locally I've heard it occasionally as I hear people talk.