Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Looks okay to me.  I'm not a sports fan - really doesn't matter what they wear (or don't wear).

I agree @ALRATIBA .  I think they look fine.  I thought they all wore some color (if not all) of their country's flag.  I actually love to see the opening cermony to see how the culture and pride on the faces of the participants.  I also like to check out the creativity of their Olympic wear.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1  that's a good question.  Every single Olympic year that I can recall it's been Ralph Lauren.  He must love that contract.

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbonTommy Hilfiger is noted for his All American look too.  I do see what you mean though.

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@jonbonTommy Hilfiger is noted for his All American look too.  I do see what you mean though.

Sure, but as you mentioned ... Ralph must have the contract! Correctly or not, I think of Ralph as being more "classic" in the sense of cuts, etc. Now you're making me wonder about further details of this question ...

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbondig deep and let me know what you find!  Lauren has had it forever.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hating on Armani

[ Edited ]

Well since you asked .... I think they are awful.  They do remind me of the Pac Man video game.  I think they look dumb and they are not flattering in the least.  I am surprized the designer could not come up with something better.  BUT, my comment and opinion would never go beyond the earshot of the walls of my family room.  The OP asked for opinions and that is mine.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I do not mind the casual modern sporty look. I do think the pac man symbol is ghastly, unflattering, and makes no sense. So many different shapes could've been employed. 

Honored Contributor

It's all irrelevant. 

Honored Contributor

The outfits are fine, in my opinion.  It is an opening ceremony and a happy uplifting time.  I salute all those who are in the Olympics and hope we, the USA win a lot of medals!  Good luck to all .

Honored Contributor

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"