Honored Contributor

Re: New Way Companies Are Cutting Costs

It's rare to not receive a return label from qvc but it's happened to me a few times. Sometimes I receive what appears as a xerox copy of a label used to send item(s) to me from qvc and in this instance there is also no return label. A xerox copy makes me wonder what happened. I consider myself lucky that I even received my order.

All the years  I've shopped with amazon I've never received a return label let alone a packing slip.  At first I wondered why but I get this now. For all the hundreds of vendors at amazon, it would be difficult to print and send a packing slip, an invoice of sorts, a return label. Most of their vendors are very easy to work with of course and especially if it's shipped by prime. Some of their vendors however require you to return to them directly so yes you need to go online to request their particular return label becuase the goods go directly back to them and not to amazon inventory. Flip side of this is that most times we have to pay s/h vs free directly back to amazon.

If I didn't have a printer it would be extremely difficult to return to anybody anywhere if the process is to print my own label. Since I can print myself, it doesn't at all bother me to have to print my own return labels to whomever. What bothers me is when I have to pay s/h.

Return fees are pricey - here it's $6.95, hsn is $7.95, I don't know how much it is for shophq on their return label since I don't shop there except for Isomers which I never return. When I'm pretty sure I can return on my own for less than the labels that's what I do.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Amazon is the worst I've ever seen about throwing a bunch of unrelated items, some heavy, some fragile, in a box with no packing whatsoever.  I got that today, a 12 pack of canned dog food (heavy), two bottles of pills (squashed), and two packages of dog treats (broken up).  I've had things arrive in pieces from them. 

@Kachina624   I never order dog treats from anyone.  They always come squashed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I did a Google search & totally unscientific Quora answer 

came up when asked,

“What is Amazon return rate?”

5-15% depending on category.

If true....that’s 85% of the orders where they don’t need a return label.

It just gets produced, packaged & thrown away.

85% wasteful.

Trusted Contributor

I just received a pretty top I ordered from the Q and it DID have a return label.  So far I have been receiving return labels with everything I order.  But who knows the next time it may be different. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe for you but I'm still getting invoices and labels just always.  That hasn't changed. Although, often it's under the mailing label.  You take that off and your invoice and return label are there.  You can tell because the mailing label is thick and covered in scotch tape.

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ECBG 

There was a recent thread where another QVC customer accidentally discovered that the 'missing' invoice and return label were now underneath the mailing label to us, that has our name and address on it.

She pulled off the label with her name and address before disposing of the box and underneath it was the invoice and return label to be peeled off and stuck on the box if needed to return.

I haven't received a package lately to verify this, but if true, it would be nice if QVC would notify it's customers of this change.

Who would think to look for it underneath the mailing label?

The only times I have found the packing slip under the address label is when something comes from the manufacturer to Q already boxed.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is quite a pain not to have a receipt in the box when shipped.  I hope Nordstrom doesn't start that.  So far, they always have a receipt.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG could not agree more.  Amazon is the worst.  I like to have my receipts to shore up with my bill at the end of the month.  I hate when I don't get a receipt. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Yes, it is quite a pain not to have a receipt in the box when shipped.  I hope Nordstrom doesn't start that.  So far, they always have a receipt.

@Katcat1 I JUST sent back a J Crew blazer to Nordstrom for which I had to print a two page return.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have recently noticed that orders come without a packing invoice or return label.  You have to go to their site and print your own return label.

Beyond annoying!

@ECBG   Good morning. Mountains and colored leaves must be gorgeous this time of year. Labels/invoices: it may not only cut costs and employees at their end, but the difficulty and annoyance to return makes me think twice and sometimes just keep the item even if not perfect. I've often called and asked them to send the necessary paper work, but still have to print, mail, etc. It keeps me from ordering as much online.