Honored Contributor

New Way Companies Are Cutting Costs

I have recently noticed that orders come without a packing invoice or return label.  You have to go to their site and print your own return label.

Beyond annoying!

Respected Contributor

Re: New Way Companies Are Cutting Costs

I think they know shoppers are a bit lazy.

We might just set the item aside and not go on line for RA forms.

Not have access to a printer is also a barrier to getting returns.

NM has been very bad lately in not including return documents. 

Most of my Amazon items lately require going to your online order history and print your own return paper work.

A little off topic: I ordered a Calvin Klein black dress with bell sleeves from Dillards. I needed to return item so I went to the store. The overworked customer service person was bewildered because the sku on the dress did not match the sku on my shipping invoice. I waited 30 minutes for a supervisor. She was at first not going to accept the return until I pulled up my order confirmation and showed her that apparently a stock clerk pulled the wrong item . I told her this what I ordered--this is what I received. I would appreciate it if you could process this return and then you all can figure out your inventory control problem. 

My last order from Q was a clothing item and Slatin candles. They were shipped toegther. Candles were free s/h. I need to return the clothing item and the return label indicated $10.95 fee to return. For a clothing item it is usually $6.95. Yes I could self pay and pay less. 

Honored Contributor

Amazon is the worst I've ever seen about throwing a bunch of unrelated items, some heavy, some fragile, in a box with no packing whatsoever.  I got that today, a 12 pack of canned dog food (heavy), two bottles of pills (squashed), and two packages of dog treats (broken up).  I've had things arrive in pieces from them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Amazon is the worst I've ever seen about throwing a bunch of unrelated items, some heavy, some fragile, in a box with no packing whatsoever.  I got that today, a 12 pack of canned dog food (heavy), two bottles of pills (squashed), and two packages of dog treats (broken up).  I've had things arrive in pieces from them. 

@Kachina624 I've had mixed boxes from them but I've never ordered heavy items.  Thanks for the warning.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG , I bet their phone/help traffic is way up with people looking for return labels and instructions.  Savings on one side.  More cost on the other.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Another cost to the buyer.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

There was a recent thread where another QVC customer accidentally discovered that the 'missing' invoice and return label were now underneath the mailing label to us, that has our name and address on it.

She pulled off the label with her name and address before disposing of the box and underneath it was the invoice and return label to be peeled off and stuck on the box if needed to return.

I haven't received a package lately to verify this, but if true, it would be nice if QVC would notify it's customers of this change.

Who would think to look for it underneath the mailing label?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ECBG 

There was a recent thread where another QVC customer accidentally discovered that the 'missing' invoice and return label were now underneath the mailing label to us, that has our name and address on it.

She pulled off the label with her name and address before disposing of the box and underneath it was the invoice and return label to be peeled off and stuck on the box if needed to return.

I haven't received a package lately to verify this, but if true, it would be nice if QVC would notify it's customers of this change.

Who would think to look for it underneath the mailing label?

@KingstonsMom  Yes, it's true. I've received a few orders where the invoice was under the mailing label on the box. My husband discovered it when he went to remove the mailing label before he cut up the box. 

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they would even do this. Does it save them money somehow to stick the invoice under the mailing label? I don't see how it would. 

It's a head scratcher for sure!!  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have recently noticed that orders come without a packing invoice or return label.  You have to go to their site and print your own return label.

Beyond annoying!

@ECBG 

I so agree with you!!!!! I absolutely hate this.  No packing slip or invoice or return label with anything any more.  If you don't have a computer - or a printer --- you're in deep doo-doo!  Not long ago, our printer was on the fritz and DH and I had a terrible time making a return.  It's ridiculous.  Nothing is for customer service or ease any more.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Amazon stopped including invoices with my orders years ago. I don’t have a printer and they would mail me a return label at my request.  I haven’t returned anything to Amazon for a long while, so things may be different now.  

QVC has also sent me return labels when I asked for them.