Honored Contributor

Re: New Vendors are too pricey for me!

The Q has tried just about everything (?) to get customers to purchase products except give us what we ask for. They're all over the place w/ pricing hoping to snag someone...anyone. Clothing anywhere from Denim & Co. (notice the upscale version of that line did not go over & I don't see it presented), Halston & GILI are both overpriced even on clearance, & SG can't decide who her audience is & price points change weekly. Then we go to Rinna which does not fit or look well on me unless I'm also weighing in at 90 lbs. (tv adds 15 lbs. 😳). Makeup runs the same way....from the sublime to the ridiculous. $300 Givency & Tova trying to sell her fragrance by giving you 2 of them at almost same price. I'm always on guard when I see a twofer...either making a lot of profit on 1 & can afford to push for 2 or something new & better is coming out so "let's unload these" at great price. I think Philosophy is guilty of this over pricing by mostly offering sets. They're either clearing inventory or trying to make the customer purchase more products than needed. Luckily we can shop the Q or not. I choose to look for styles and deals elsewhere. We're not really the ones who should be disappointed. The execs at QVC should figure out why people are no longer happy w/ the offerings.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  You're right about makeup on the Q. There are no 20% discounts like Sephora, ULTA and dept. stores have sales on makeup all the time. The best Q can offer is more easy pays or free shipping. My BB on their site is free shipping always...no minimum purchase. Every few weeks, either a discount or free products/samples when certain amt. purchased. No incentive to shop at Q.

Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

@Tanzanite10 wrote:

Does anyone else feel like they are being outpriced by the new and old vendors?  I do.  QVC is going going way beyond what they use to offer and out of my price range.  I am very disappointed that ss trying to be an upscale program.  Susan Graver use to be affordable, now she thinks she is in the big league.  Logo, to me, is for the 15 - 21 year olds. Barefoot Dreams is way over budget for what is so simple.  QVC, you're losing a very good customer!

I don't feel that way at all.  It depends on the product and quality.  If it's too much, then I look elsewhere ... plenty of other places to shop.  I think it's mostly due to economy, which I expect to change very quickly and for the better once the new year roles around.

Yes. Economists suggest that prices of foreign goods will go up next year.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC clothing has become quite pricey.  It pays to shop around to get the bargain.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch much of the newer vendors but I agree that Susan Graver's prices have gone up too much for what they are.  I do like Linea, and you can sometimes get a reduction or clearance and the price is pretty reasonable for the quality.

Honored Contributor

As long as a significant amount of people think the prices are ok and continue to purchase then nothing will change.The prices will go up & up while the quality goes down. I don't really shop much for clothing anymore but when I do it is rarely on QVC, however, apparently many posters on this board think QVC  prices are very good and they will gladly jump all over anyone who puts down their favorite vendor.

Contributor

The clothing prices have increased insanely, and the styles have become ridiculously the Same. How much boring can they get?!

There used to be variety and quality without gouging the customers. Now we get blah, blah, bland. Thank goodness for Bob Mackie, Isaac Mizrahi and the few other designers who make quality clothes with style and panache. What happened to the "V" (Value) in QVC? It's gone.

Valued Contributor

I really don't know what demographic they are catering to but in the past they seemed to know their audience was a large portion of retirees or close to that age. Clothing was affordable even though I didn't buy it.

But now it seems they cater to a younger crowd who have no qualms about paying big bucks for clothing that is nothing special. Every woman I know looks for clothing that is on trend and stylish yet they shop for the best prices first an foremost, QVC does not fit that description.

Not only are there hundreds of online retailers but TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Macy's JCP, Kohls.......many places offer clothing where everyone can find something.

Heck I buy Merona t-shirt at Target, 100% cotton, soft, don't shrink, nice colors, basic short or long sleeved and usually during sales they are 2 for $12. Why on earth would anyone pay $30-40 for a t-shirt with SG or Im label on it? 

Esteemed Contributor

I buy my clothing at Kohl's, JC Penney, Macy's and Target.  I am petite and will not pay for altering my clothing. The prices on the Q are ridiculous and they are pricing the middle class right out of their channel. I watch very little of the Q. Some of the hosts get on my last nerve and are like the energizer bunny----they never stop to tell the customers about the product. Also, when you go into the B&M stores you know if something fits and how it looks on you. I don't want to pay $6.95 for return label and get dinged for the S&H charges. It makes your refund look like nothing.

Companies that lose a lot of customers spend a lot of money on sales and marketing to replace the ones they lose. That diverts budgets from service and the growing needs of employees. Let’s face it, when you have to worry about replacing customers, you are not worrying about replacing the worn out chairs in the cafeteria, or brightening the office with new paint.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, pricing is way over what you are getting. There is nothing on QVC that is high-end. Nearly every clothing brand is identical to the next. The only line I buy these days is Linea and haven't been buying much of that lately, as I don't need anything at the moment. I dress casually here at home and when I go out I dress in a more classic style that is lacking on this or any other shopping channel. Oh well, there are other places to shop when I need something new, and that is exactly what I do, shop elsewhere. Their loss, not mine.

"To each their own, in all things".