Esteemed Contributor

New Vendor (to me) Du Jour A296455

I stumbled on this Du Jour jacket by accident - was looking for a cute and classy jacket for fall, and found this zip front bomber jacket with embroidered sleeves. It's a bit pricey at $78 but I loved the video from a previous presentation. Ordered the jacket and it is awesome! I'm so impressed with the quality and the beauty of the embroidered sleeves. I understand that the Q gives the majority of their air time to the regular fashion vendors, but it sure is nice to find something "new" that makes me do the happy dance!

Honored Contributor

Re: New Vendor (to me) Du Jour A296455

If memory serves (which it often does not in my case) they've been around for a long time but recently been resurected.  

I believe they're a former QVC line.  I've been a member since 2004 and I have some things that have that label on them from way back.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was a house line too.  Maybe someone can confirm.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, it doesn't sound like this is a new vendor! I guess I somehow missed them some years ago. Thanks for the clarification!

Super Contributor

I have been watching since 1995 and do remember this line and Modern Soul, I think.  Both lines I liked very much and still have some Modern Soul!  I think Linda Davies brought Modern Soul.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes you girls are correct.  I remember both Du Jour and Modern Soul and also still have pieces from both lines.   I like DuJour and am happy to see them back..........though this makes me think I've been watching this channel way too long!!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

DuJour is a former QVC line which has been resurrected.  It was created to be a fashion forward offering from QVC.  It disappeared around the time GILI initially was introduced as if the buyers could not grasp the idea that there was a place for a both.Woman Sad.  I'm glad the lightbulb went on that not all customers would be interested in the $300 jackets and handbags from GILI, but would be quite interested in fashionable budget-conscious garments. 

Trusted Contributor

The line really seems to have very pretty things.

Honored Contributor

Du Jour fashions always has free shipping all the time for everything in the line. Only bad thing is they don't re-order the items when they sell out so it's important to get your right size right away...like order more than one size when it's in stock then send the one that doesn't fit back.

Honored Contributor

When the line was re-introduced, I believe Shawn was the one who introduced some items.  She continually referred to it as fast fashion.  She said it was going to be a lower priced, uber trendy line with free s/h and nothing would ever be re-ordered.  However, the other day Pat was selling a DuJour item and said it was a re-order because the original quantity sold out and it was so popular. 

I've seen that jacket.  Jill B had it on one day and said it was DuJour and that she had ordered it because these were so in style right now but cost so much money in retail so when she found the DuJour piece for that money, she snagged it up.   

I'm not sure I would agree that it's a cheaper priced line. Compared to some of the other prices I guess you could say that but I'm not sure it's such a bargain.  I've not taken the plunge so I'm not sure how the quality is and I've not even read any of the reviews.