Honored Contributor

Re: New Vanassa Williams collection

I have to admit that things were a lot more appealing in the presentation rather than the still photos.

I picked up this top

727-719 - V. by Vanessa Williams Stretch Knit Twisted Drape Front Color Block Tank

Yikes! Glad I picked it up when I did! It's up nearly $20!

Honored Contributor

I just received my top and I'm thrilled with it!

So light and drapey, the fit is impeccable and it looks amazing on me! It fits without clinging but it isn't baggy..It feels lovely...

Did anyone else receive their purchases? How did you do?

Honored Contributor

I've been disappointed with Evine clothing purchases, although I haven't gotten more than a handful of things. Most of them got shipped back.   I do have some boots I like a lot though.

I saw Vanessa in one presentation and she looked absolutely STUFFED into the skirt she was wearing.  Not a good look on her...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

So light and drapey, the fit is impeccable and it looks amazing on me! It fits without clinging but it isn't baggy..It feels lovely...

I only half watched.  The one thing that interested me were the ponte pants but I didn't pull the trigger because I'm such a hard fit on the bottom and Evine doesn't refund s/h.  I didn't want to be out $10.00 just to try the pants on.

I'm glad you like the top.   

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

That's good to read.  Its so nice when an item exceeds your expectations!

Your review might get me to try something of her line. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

The Vanessa Williams clothing is the cheapest looking fashion line I've seen in a long time. Yuck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

I really don't think we need to contribute our opinions of Vanessa Williams' collection by including disparging remarks about another designer's collection or a specific network. To my eyes the items I saw presented by Ms. Williams last night simply didn't inspire me to consider purchasing. With this venture Vanessa Williams joins a long list of celebritites who will license their name for a buck.  However, being an optimist there's always hope that the Evine team of ghost designers will step up their game going forward.  

I do extend appreciation that the clothes are being assembled in the US even if the fabrics and buttons, etc. might be made elsewhere.  

I don't understand your post Trixx.  This board always has some that love items and don't love items.  V. W. is lovely.  I just don't think all think her line is all that...and that's ok.  Not every line is meant for everyone.  I, for one, am not impressed.

No one on this thread has many any disparaging comments or remarks about VW. She is gorgeous.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@SuzieQue wrote:

The Vanessa Williams clothing is the cheapest looking fashion line I've seen in a long time. Yuck!

Then I guess it's fortunate that I have such a great body and can make even a paper bag look fashionable!

Woohoo for me!

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo, my ruched skirt was out for delivery yesterday but never showed up, and the tracking says "tracking hasn't been updated" as of 10 something last night.  I checked it a couple of times today and still no movement.  It will probably get rerouted to who knows where and eventually show up.  At least I hope so.  I have had my share of problems with the USPS in the past few months.  It's getting tiresome.

Respected Contributor

Again, I will repeat myself...The line is made in USA, that's a big deal. I'm hoping for something a bit more classic, Ms. Vanessa is such a beautiful women. I will post when I receive my ivory, fully lined dress when I receive.

I have been seeing an improvement in Evine clothes, Indigo Thread for one. I chose carefully, though and have been very happy with my choices and their price points.