Honored Contributor

Re: New Vanassa Williams collection

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Mustang Shar wrote:

The new collection is now on line at Evine. I did order the Ivory cap sleeve empire dress, it's lined and appears to have a built in bra? I checked the garment measurements, looked like it ran small so I ordered XL ( I'm a size 14 now).

Just a heads up.Smiley Happy

Tha't a pretty dress. Please report back on how you like it.  The line seems to have QVC like pricing, so certainly not out of the norm.

Lol, QVC fashion pricing is high, generally higher than competition including Evine. Overall, Evine fashion pricing tends to be lower than what they have done for V. And both Evine & HSN have excellent buys on clearance.

I'm just a bit surprised-given how stylish & gorgeous Vanessa is, I expected the items to look more chic. I think the entire line is overpriced. But maybe they will have reduced pricing for some items when it's presented. You should check out that tunic I referenced above- I zoomed in b/c I thought photography was bad. The vertical neckline strip looks like an afterthought using up some leftover fabric. 

Conversely. I've been really impressed with IMAN 's Platinum collection as well as Giuliana's line, and major scores picking up clearance items. Looks like IMAN's new TS is an update to her palazzo pants duo from last year. Really happy to see her return & it should be a full day of fashions on Sunday at HSN!!!

I was hoping for better styles as well. But I liked the dress for summer and car show events. Vanessa is stunning....maybe we can expect better for future? 

@Mustang Shar - I hope they look better presented. She's also releasing a new record, new beginnings on several fronts.

I will be shopping online this weekend, most likely picking up the Halston TSV dress, launching Sunday night & Sat is IMAN's TS on HSN. 

Here is your dress & posted below is one of her tops that I like, but not at $74.

V. by Vanessa Williams Stretch Knit Cap Sleeved Empire Waist Maxi Dress - 727-723
EVINE Price: $ 81.75
or  6 ValuePay®: $13.63

727-723- V. by Vanessa Williams Stretch Knit Cap Sleeved Empire Waist Maxi Dress

V. by Vanessa Williams Printed Woven Raglan Sleeved Shirttail Hem Tie-Neck Blouse - 727-720
EVINE Price: $ 74.50
or  6 ValuePay®: $12.42

727-720- V. by Vanessa Williams Printed Woven Raglan Sleeved Shirttail Hem Tie-Neck Blouse

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I think they overprice a lot of the brand new offerings coming out of the gate.  I think they want to see what the market will go for.  Eventually the prices ended up coming down. 

Evine's problem is the darn s/h.  $6.99 to ship clothing items unless they are having a "special" and then they drop it to $4.99.  Occassionally they really go nuts and drop it to $2.99 but those times are few and far between.  And typically, you get no break buying multiples.  So for 2 of those tops posted, you'd be paying almost $14.00 in s/h!

Honored Contributor

I always consider the s&h in the price of the garment. It hurts much less especially when it's deeply discounted CAT BOOTS!

yes I'm excited! Can't wait to ge them! $44.97 from $150.00?! s&h $3.99

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar- excellent news!!! Evine has reduced the price of your dress to $58 + s&h is now 2.99!!! Looks like most if not all items now have reduced pricing.

If your order is still in process it may be easier to cancel it & place a new order. Or call CS pronto. The reduced pricing will expire midnight. @Mustang Shar now you have some extra $ to do more shopping ;-)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

The collection is made in USA

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

The offerings are disappointing..to say the least.

i agree. I see nothing new or different. All these has been retired entertainers seem to end up on the shopping channels selling  sub standard wares. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Mustang Shar- excellent news!!! Evine has reduced the price of your dress to $58 + s&h is now 2.99!!! Looks like most if not all items now have reduced pricing.

If your order is still in process it may be easier to cancel it & place a new order. Or call CS pronto. The reduced pricing will expire midnight. @Mustang Shar now you have some extra $ to do more shopping ;-)

@Chi-town girl

Thank you! I sent an email off to CS, great price. I really like that dress.

Honored Contributor

i was JUST coming to page @Mustang Shar about the price drop.....so glad that you are getting a good discount on it.

for those that keep saying they want more MADE IN AMERICA, they should be checking out this line!

not vanessa williams, but i am getting the capris that are the top value for saturday.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Mustang Shar - Hi Shar I look at the posted items last night. I'm a bit surprised to see how cheesy this line looks- overpriced poly.

My impression is most of the items do not look like good quality & prices are high. $82 + $7 s&h is too high for a poly dress that will be shipped in a baggie.  The tunic with the flutter sleeves has a horrible looking neckline design , item 727-727. I can't imagine Vanessa wearing some of this stuff.

I think HSN has the best quality & styling of so called celebrity home shopping lines. I'm looking forward to IMAN's return this weekend. She has a TS on Sunday. 

I'm going to DVR Vanessa's launch show but doubt I will be ordering anything. Please post a review of the dress. Hope you love it & Happy St Patty's Day!!!

Hi Chi!!! I completely agree with you on Vanessa's line. Really looked cheap and low quality.  

I got a early email for the H by Halston TSV and bought it in the blue. 

Qvc boards have been on and off working for me lately so can't post often. Miss you!

Honored Contributor

Just took a look and I didn't see anything that I had to have. I don't buy much clothing online anymore, but I still like to look online.  It gives me an idea of what is out there in the market just in case something catches my eye.