Respected Contributor

Beautiful tunic--and it looks LONG{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} All three colors are gorgeous, but I'm a "light summer" so I guess the peacock will work best for my coloring. I can see this over white linen pants. The warm months can't come soon enough!

Respected Contributor
Goldie, I love the story!! Awesome!!!
Valued Contributor
That purple one is calling me!
Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2014 lianne said: That purple one is calling me!

Spice or peacock is calling me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2014 solandra said: " my brother was one of the Fours Seasons" OMG, I went to high school with Bob Guadio..who was your brother?

Demetri Callas is my brother.

Was Bob Gaudio always the quiet type in high school? So handsome. So quiet.

How did he combine high school with early fame? He wrote "Who Wears Short Shorts?" when he was 15 years old, right?

[I'm gonna get in trouble for taking this tunic topic off track.]

Valued Contributor
On 2/8/2014 Goldie76 said:
On 2/8/2014 solandra said: " my brother was one of the Fours Seasons" OMG, I went to high school with Bob Guadio..who was your brother?

How did he combine high school with early fame? He wrote "Who Wears Short Shorts?" when he was 15 years old, right?

Next time I see The Jersey Boys, Goldie, it will have a whole different meaning for me!
Honored Contributor

We saw Jersey Boys in Chicago many years ago-- it was wonderful!!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor
On 2/8/2014 Goldie76 said:

I remember him as being reserved. All the girls were gaga over him, but he had a steady. I don't believe he graduated, quit to sing and tour. Did you ever meet him or the other band members? PS The tunic tops are fabulous!!! There, back on topic ;-)
Honored Contributor
On 2/9/2014 JustJazzmom said:

We saw Jersey Boys in Chicago many years ago-- it was wonderful!!

I know I shouldn't perpetuate this line of thought on this thread, but I have to get my two cents in about the play (it is much more than a jukebox musical, that is for sure). It is brilliant, but no one needs me to say that. Saw it twice at the Palazzo in Las Vegas when the Jersey Boys Theater was located there; now it is at the Paris resort. Had tickets for D.C. performance at the Kennedy Center (don't know why I wrote National Theatre before), but sold them to someone else when my sons did not want to go. What enriched the experience was that I saw it in Las Vegas with my brother. The play obviously focuses on the four who started the group. Nick Massi actually left the group earlier than depicted in the show (as did Tommy DeVito), but Nick was on many of the early hits and is one of the founding fathers, as I think of them. For storyline and tightness, the group is not seen as fractured in the play until they introduce the new guys who morph into being more of a background for Frankie. The groups becomes "Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons" rather than the "Four Seasons." My brother was a "Four Season," but it all kept changing quickly after his departure. In the play, when they show the first group (like a band) behind Frankie, there is a tall guy with a lot of dark hair and my brother's signature Telecaster guitar. I asked my brother, "Is that supposed to be you?" He said he had been told so. He recorded a lot with them ("My Eyes Adored You" and the "Chameleon" album) but they were signed to Motown at that time, and Barry Gordy was focused on promoting Diana Ross as a movie star and gave the group short shrift. There is an unreleased (actually once-lost) song on the Internet with Frankie in full voice. Too bad it wasn't released. I absolutely love this tape! Address, if you are interested in hearing it:

http://movementbureau.blogs.com/chameleon/2009/06/how-did-susan-de-passe-lose-a-four-seasons-master....

"The Night" on the Chameleon album (below), which floundered in the U.S. , went to No. 1 in England. Europe really liked this album but in the U.S., they did not know what to do with it.

Product Details

Super Contributor
On 2/8/2014 LDOlvr said:

Spice...will look great with walnut maxi and brown bohos....he had me at ""lined""...

Or what about the washed silk pants from last year in walnut? ETA: Okay so I went back and saw that the faux washed silk pants are actually called coco brown but I still think they'd work. I'm wondering now about the midnight blue pants with the peacock tunic. May have to ask Louis about this. Any thoughts?