Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2014 dulwich said: I am definitely a pear so will size up but I really do wanna get this bod into this beautiful tunic- will breathe in - stand tall and pray. Won't hurt to starve a bit too - I will give it a good try though!

That's the spirit, dulwich! This pear is going to give it her best shot, too.

As I'm sure you've heard and read, it's now 50 years since the Beatles came to America. Tomorrow night marks the 50th anniversary of their appearance on the "Ed Sullivan Show." Did you ever catch their act? I saw Paul McCartney several years ago, but that's it for me.

The truly great pop artists of an earlier time that I was fortunate enough to see perform were Ella Fitzgerald, Ray Charles, James Brown, the Stones and Frankie Valli (my brother was one of the Fours Seasons in the early '70s, so that one was easy).

Occasional Contributor

I'm interested in your opinions. I have been looking for something to wear to my son's wedding in April. Most of my clothes are casual. The material on this tunic looks so beautiful. I think it might work, what do you think? Or should I be looking for a dress?

Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2014 barryfan said:

I'm interested in your opinions. I have been looking for something to wear to my son's wedding in April. Most of my clothes are casual. The material on this tunic looks so beautiful. I think it might work, what do you think? Or should I be looking for a dress?

It's a beautiful fabric but it does say 'casual' to me. I would go look at dresses for your MOG outfit.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor
Oh Goldie 76 you hit a nerve. My hubby had a business in the U.K. For 25 years and we worked with every band/group that played our biggest stadium Wembley. Our first gig was with Abba - lovely people. My favorite was Bruce Springsteen my worst was Billy Joel. Worked with Wings - loved Linda Paul not so much. George was my favorite. Worked with so many. My husband hates rock is an opera buff also loves The Blues Ella and Etta. Never worked The Stones but I have seen all their tours - travelled all over to see them and know a lot of people in the business so we always get backstage too. My grand kids love It as do I my husband stays home! My one person I want to see now over here is Kid Rock - my husband just gave me a o.m.g. Look when I told him what I was writing about. Thanks Goldie for bringing mr happy memories. Oh daughter just called from CA to say another oldie is appearing in her town Billy Idol and do I want to go - nice day for a white wedding yeah!!!! See what you started Goldie76 love ya.
Respected Contributor
Goldie! How cool was that to have your brother as a Four Season!! You saw Ella...OMG! Those shows had to be amazing! Sorry...o/t. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I think with some nice silk pants, some dressy evening high heel shoes and the right jewelry -- I think it could work for you. Of course, it also depends on your individual style, how comfortable you would be in pants as opposed to a dress, and how formal the wedding will be.

Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2014 Mustangshar said: Goldie! How cool was that to have your brother as a Four Season!! You saw Ella...OMG! Those shows had to be amazing! Sorry...o/t. Smiley Happy

O/T cont'd. Saw Ella on a date with my first husband at the University of Maryland. As for my brother as a Four Season, it was exciting. I always got to go backstage and take friends with me.

My only regret is that I never took a group shot with them. My mother was dreadful about snapping a photo of every moment in our lives (I am grateful for that now), so when I was in my 20s, my response was NOT to do that. However, when I was living in Miami, the group was playing at the Bachelors III (I believe it was called; it was owned by Joe Namath and a couple other athletes), which was in Ft. Lauderdale. A friend in the office, her brother and I went to see them, and her brother took photos of me with Frankie, who had come afterward to talk to me at our table. It was the time my brother had decided to leave the group, and Frankie mistakenly thought I might have some influence to talk him out of it. But Bob Gaudio was still performing at that time, before he left for production only, and I really wanted a photo with the founding fathers of the group. When the group played at Wolf Trap, an outdoor theater near me, in 2007, my brother called Frankie to arrange for me to go "backstage" (it was really a different building where I went to see him with my sons). I had a photo taken then. Of course, we both looked a bit different from that photo taken in the '70s. That man is a gentleman; he truly is.

ETA: Two years ago I did have dinner with Joe Long (ne LaBracio), who played bass and was a Season from 1965 on. He lived in Las Vegas at that time, and my brother and I -- plus my niece and nephew -- went out for a nice meal (Italian, of course!) together. It was so much fun hearing them talk about old times. Two years before that, I had dinner with another musician, Bill DeLoach, who had also been a Season during one phase of my brother's stay with them. Gosh, the stories they told. Every time I go to Vegas, though, I miss out on Tommy DeVito. Typically, I go in the summer, when he goes back to New Jersey. One of these days...

Honored Contributor

I don't think a polyester tunic is appropriate MOG attire. It looks very casual but of course it depends on how formal the wedding is.

Contributor
" my brother was one of the Fours Seasons" OMG, I went to high school with Bob Guadio..who was your brother?
Super Contributor

Depends on the nature of the wedding. Casual, formal, church, beach...I could see myself wearing this top with ethnic earrings, long skirt sandals to a casual beachy wedding. I would wear a suit or ankle length dress and jacket to a formal wedding.