Honored Contributor

New QVC Fashion Brand - All Worthy by Hunter McGrady

QVC describes All Worthy as a line designed from a "plus-size first perspective."

Hunter McGrady wearing a dress from All Worthy, her new line for QVC. 

Hunter McGrady wearing a dress from All Worthy, her new line for QVC. 

Photo: Courtesy of QVC

If you follow  Hunter McGrady on Instagram (and over 630,000 of you do), you may have noticed how, over the past year, the model has been asking questions, sharing polls and gathering feedback on people's preferences when it comes to clothes. She may not have explained why, but the reason was revealed this week: McGrady has been working on her own fashion line with QVC. And, yes, all of that information was woven into the product. 

"Little did they know they were also helping me design [in] this process," she tells Fashionista. "Everything they said I averaged out to, 'Okay this what people are looking for and this is what they want.'" That — along with a long-held vision of what she wanted her own brand to look like and a desire for certain pieces she had never been able to find in the existing market — resulted in All Worthy. 

The line, which drops April 22 on QVC, is named after a hastag McGrady started in 2016, when she shot her now-famous cover of Sports Illustrated. "I remember sitting in my little apartment thinking, 'Oh my god, 16-year-old me would have never thought that I would've been worthy of being in this position, let alone breaking that barrier of being the curviest person in Sports Illustrated,'" she says. "Then, I got to questioning why would I think that. Why was that my mindset? I came to the conclusion that we're all worthy of that — of success, of feeling beautiful, of feeling empowered and of being our best selves." She kept using it for a few years and is now segueing it into her fashion brand.

McGrady's talks with QVC began in early 2019. "I was in the process of looking for a company that really aligned with my morals and what I believed in," she explains. "Everything that I have dreamt about in a line, everything that I have wanted, QVC could make happen."

Her biggest priority, naturally, was size-inclusivity: "I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just a plus-size line, and that there were going to be sizes larger than just a 1X, 2X. I wanted to go up to a 5X because, personally, I'm really sick and tired of brands not going past a certain size." McGrady notes that QVC has been in that space for years, having first introduced XXS through 3X sizing in 1990 and having recently added 4X and 5X. (All Worthy apparel will be available in the full XXS-5X range.) 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: New QVC Fashion Brand - All Worthy by Hunter McGrady

Full article with sneak peeks of other items

https://fashionista.com/2020/04/hunter-mcgrady-all-worthy-plus-size-qvc-clothing-line

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I like that black dress, it's very pretty and flattering.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2    Flattering???

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I like that black dress, it's very pretty and flattering.

There is also a cute jumpsuit @CAcableGirl2  in the sneak peek. Wonder if the launch date might be postponed bc of the SAHome orders. 

I read another article that Q is finding new vendors/products that have strong social media presence.  Another company with a similar social platform will be launching on Q in May that sells pillows on a subscription program.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My one and only granddaughter, though she's as sweet as sugar, is a big girl, has been since her early teens. She's now in her mid-twenties and I'd say she's about the same size as Hunter McGrady. Actually probably a size larger than Hunter. Somehow it's never occurred to me to call her "curvy". Next time she whines to me about being obese or too fat and bemoaning the fact that nothing looks good on her I'm going to tell her she is neither. She is just curvy. And send her to the Q to check out the line of the curviest model who has been in SI.

Trusted Contributor

If it stated in the article I missed it, but I believe the clothes are made in the U.S.A.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2    Flattering???

@Kachina624   Agree. Personally, for plus-size clothes, I think Laura Geller dresses beautifully and her clothes always look flattering on her. This dress, maybe not so much.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Who is she??? And that dress looks like a slip.  Another reason not to watch the Q!

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Good for her 👍🏼 She's absolutely stunning - 

⚓️