Honored Contributor

Re: New QVC Denim Brand -- "Driftwood Jeans"

@rms1954 wrote:

@september wrote:

There are some nice items. They remind me of Diane Gilman styles, but with higher prices. 

I think DG embroidered jeans are very loud and tacky.  

Well, I wouldn't go for everything she sells, but like with any designer, I like some items and not others.

Trusted Contributor

I love one of the denim shirts.  I've seen it come up when I search new items for a few weeks now.  

I should have bought it when I first saw it because now my size is on waitlist.  The rest are all available and it was available before.  

There may be a shift in the merchandising strategy happening--smaller collections that create urgency to buy.  I'm all for that, but I know I'm usually in the minority as far as QVC goes.  

Honored Contributor

From what I saw of the promo ads, it looks more Southwestern than the so-called Southwestern, Canyon Retreat, which so far has been a dismal failure.

I'm not a big fan of the embroidery, however.  It looks to my eye, very matronly.  I grew weary of it last time around.  It is not well done in many cases.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Anyone who is completely decked out (head to toe) in "Southwestern" gear in Phoenix......is a TOURIST.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

SK was wearing this blouse last night during a wig show. It looked okay but it billowed out and made her look larger than she actually is. Something didn't look right about this blouse on her and for $138 ...hmmm. SK is wearing this blouse in the video for this item: https://www.qvc.com/Hairdo-Swept-Back-Short-Cut.product.A611530.html?sc=IROA

https://www.qvc.com/Driftwood-Jeans-Embroidered-Peasant-Top--Maui.product.A596745.html?sc=SRCH

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember Dale Evans?

It's The Pictures That Got Small ...: THE SATURDAY GLAMOUR 15!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Interesting???  Those prices are interesting!!!

NONE of the items are interesting. The prices are BEYOND RIDICULOUS. 

Honored Contributor

I looked at the offerings. Not interested, at all.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Re: New QVC Denim Brand - "Driftwood Jeans"

I saw these a couple weeks ago online at Macy's. They're a petite size, but I didn't buy them.The regular Macy's price is $79.50, & now they're on sale for $59.63.

image.png

Although the Macy's crops are pull-on, I think the cuff style is similar to the D & Co. Driftwood Bluebell crop jeans. These D & Co. crops are $109.00.

Driftwood Jeans Colette Embroidered Crop Jean- Bluebell

Respected Contributor

I put embroidery on my bell bottom jeans in the 70's,  Pretty cool back then.